Shayri.com

Shayri.com (http://www.shayri.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shayri-e-Mashahoor Shayar (http://www.shayri.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Meena Kumari-aaGaaz to hotaa hai anjaam nahii.n hotaa (http://www.shayri.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40298)

farhana 29th September 2005 02:37 AM

Meena Kumari-aaGaaz to hotaa hai anjaam nahii.n hotaa

meena kumari ka asli naam hai Mahjabeen Ali Bux.
It was in tragedies that Meena Kumari triumphed. She could cry without using glycerine, a great achievement in acting. Regarded as the greatest tragedy queen of Indian cinema, she portrayed a unique blend of great sensitivity, pain, sacrifice and purity in her reel life. And there is a reason for this. It was because these tragedies pervaded her real life too

No one could give her the happiness she longed for. It was not in her destiny. Life had contrived to plunge her deep into melancholia from which no one could pull her out. Restlessness had also gripped her.She married Kamal Amrohi, a film director and writer who was 15 years her senior, already married and with children, much against her parents wishes.

Though out of Kamal Amrohi’s clutches, Meena Kumari fell into a pool of loneliness and self-pity. She tried to find lasting friendship in Gulzar, Dharmendra and Sawan Kumar. Suffering from insomnia and depression, she turned to liquor as her last refuge, hankering and searching for that elusive happiness which never came her way.

A dreamer, Meena Kumari found solace in poetry. The last line she wrote was, "Kya meri maiyyat ka waqt aagaya?" How true these were words! She died of cirrhosis of liver caused by excessive drinking, leaving nothing behind except her poems, ghazals, nazms and diaries to be given to Gulzar. Her book of verses is aptly entitled Tanha Chand.

aaGaaz to hotaa hai anjaam nahii.n hotaa
jab merii kahaanii me.n vo naam nahii.n hotaa

[aaGaaz = start; anjaam = end/result]

jab zulf kii kaalikh me.n ghul jaaye ko_ii rahii
bad_naam sahii lekin gum_naam nahii.n hotaa

[kaalikh = blackness]

ha.Ns ha.Ns ke javaa.N dil ke ham kyo.n na chune.n Tuka.De
har shaKhs kii qismat me.n inaam nahiin hotaa

bahate hue aa.Nsuu ne aa.Nkho.n se kahaa tham kar
jo mai se pighal jaaye vo jaam nahii.n hotaa

din Duube hai.n yaa Duubii baaraat liye kashtii
saahil pe magar ko_ii koharaam nahiin hotaa

meena chheda 29th September 2005 09:50 AM

farhana,

meena kumari ki gajal or oonki hi aawaj mai soonna ..
hosh kab ghum ho jaaye pata nahi chalta...

pallavi_here 29th September 2005 11:13 AM

dear farhana.... meena kumaari ke baare me kon nahi jaanta.. ki kis tareh unhone apne gam sharab aur nazmo me duboye hain, ek koshish...taaki gam se door ho jaaye..... thanxx a lott dear... unki is gazal ko share karne ke liye...
khayal rakhna apna

farhana 29th September 2005 09:15 PM

meenaji,

bilkul sahi kaha hai aapne.unki awaz mein ek alag sa dard tha.ek ajab se tanhaaii.jabbhi unke purane interview dohraye jate the t.v pe aur unki ghazal aakhir mein bajti thi toh sach dil wich dhadkan tez hojati thi.

farhana 29th September 2005 09:17 PM

im glad pallavi ke aap bhi meena kumari ki chahnewali hain.meena kumari ki nazmein ghazlein itni dard mein doobhi hoti thi ke sach unko sun ke khud aadmi sochne pe majbur hojata tha ke itna dard woh kaise bardasht karti thi.