View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
ufaq
AN ILLUSION
ufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comufaq is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

15th June 2014, 07:05 PM

Let me start with one liner definition & that is that musalsal ghazal & nazm both are form of poetry having unique subject developed & concluded with well planning ......so what's the difference between both???......answer is simple.......if both line of first couplet rhyme & this rhyme subsequently found in second lines of following couplets ...in other words rhyming scheme is Aa ba ca da & so on....it is musasal ghazal but it is nazm if don't come into said category .....let me add here in Urdu very few ghazals are found of which all the verses are continuous & which have been composed with excellence of arrangement about different aspect of single theme...muddat huyi hai yaar ko mehmaa'n kiye huye written by Ghalib is a very fine example of such ghazalat...where verses can't be replaced with each other ....so is not true with chupke chupke raat din aan'su bahaana by hasrat mohani..where changes in the order of verses don't make any effect on the meaning of ghazal...while both are musalsal ghazals...perhaps this is why some ancient scholars identify ghalib's mentioned ghazal as a nazm and describe hasrat mohani ghazal's as musalsal ghazal but the later scholars including s.r.faruqi counted both of them as musalsal ghazal .........

With due respect of zidd sahab i think musalsal ghazal & nazm are two different forms of poetry plus could be find their difference easily on the base of prosody.....