Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > General Stories

The First One
Old
  (#41)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

The First One - 17th December 2005, 09:09 AM

The First One

Aarti came to her room to read the letter. She was very excited to hold it in her hand. But she was also very careful with it. She knew how precious it was for both her mom and her dad.

She switched on the lights and then sat on her study table and spread the paper on her desk. She smiled as she read the letter.

--{@}--

Dearest Aradhna,

How are you? I hope you had a good night sleep.

Today I am leaving for London for 4 yrs to complete my education. I will miss everybody here including you. You are my life partner and would like to see you smiling every time I see you. I did not wake you up as you were sleeping like a baby and your sweet innocent face got embedded in my heart. I would take these fond memories with me.

In the time that I am gone I wish you would learn to read and write. So that the next time you write a letter to me it will be written by you personally. I still have your first letter with me. It is very dear to me.

Take good care of yourself and I hope everybody here will take good care of you. Write to me soon i.e. with your own hands. Give my love and regards to everybody.

Yours Forever
Sanjeev

--{@}--

Aarti finished the letter and had a smile on her face. She was very eager to read more but did not want to disturb mom and dad. So she just folded and kept away the letter safely. She too went of to sleep.

Later, in the afternoon Mrs. Chowdhary came down to her room and searched for the letter on Aarti’s table. This woke up Aarti who came and hugged her mom from behind and slipped a paper from under her diary and gave it to her. Mrs. Chowdhary held it and read it quickly and smiled.

“Mom”

“Yes dear”

“Tell me the story behind this letter”

“Well why you wanna know”

“B’coz its my mom and dad’s love story. Now come on tell me” She took mom to the bed and made her sit there as she sat next to her.

“Well that day I got up very late around 7 am” As Mrs. Chowdhary said. Aarti looked perplexed. ”What happened?”

“7 is late boy I can’t get up before 9am. That is also early for me.” Aarti said. Both had a nice laugh.

“Well by the time I got up your dad had left. I saw the paper on the side table next to our bed and picked it up and rushed to my mother in laws room. She was sitting and crying. My father in law was out for work. I was a bit scared so just peeped from behind the curtains. She saw me and wiped her tears. She smiled and called me inside. I went up to her.

“Aradhna what do you want?” She asked with a smile.

“Mummy, do you know how to read?” I asked her to which she was a bit perplexed.

“Well yes I do” She replied.

“Will you read this letter out to me?” I held out the paper innocently to her.

She smiled and read out the letter to me and hugged me tight. I was very happy and with her permission took the letter and kept it safely with all my dolls. My Mother in law made arrangements for me to learn to read and write. So I used to get up early for my classes and then used to play the whole day only to sit with my mother in law during evening to learn to cook.

She was a wonderful cook. My Mother-in-law and I became good friends. She taught me everything that was there for a woman to learn and gave me more love then even my mother. I should say I was blessed to be married to your dad. Then almost after 1 month we received your dad’s first mail. Everybody was very excited. By this time I had learnt to read quiet a bit his letter had two leafs one for everybody and the other just for me. I took the letter with me and went to my room to read it personally. Later I read out the letter to my Mother-in-law. She smiled and helped me write my next letter to your dad.

“Wow cool. Where is the letter you wrote.”

“up stairs”

“Okay I will get it”

“No your dad is sleeping will read it latter”

“damm”

The two of them went out where all the children just arrived with Harsh and so did Sangeeta and Asha. All looked tired after the exciting day. So did Aarti. She had a smile on her face and was thinking something. God only knows what.

To Be Continued...

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts

hi
Old
  (#42)
shayri12345
shayri12345 is a jewel in the roughshayri12345 is a jewel in the roughshayri12345 is a jewel in the rough

hi - 17th December 2005, 09:52 AM

HI Buddy!

this chaper was so touching and its like u can feel the moments and that innocent sleeping like a baby and hubby not waking her but watching her with eyes full of loving emotions!!......and her sweet face embedded in his hert ,her running to mom innoently please read it to me....wow! so much love and care this chapter also had..i really liked it...waiting eagerly and hey! what ia aarti thinking i also want to know.......haye!! too good! yaar.. i adored this chapter as well! the more i read, the more i feel there is to read, this is magic of your wonderful writing!

write next chapter as u get some time ASAP!!

WIth Love
Priya

Akhihaan milaake chan'na paavi na Judayi Vey .......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jisnu Lagey, ohi'yo jaane, Kaun Jaane peer parayi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by shayri12345; 17th December 2005 at 09:56 AM..

Old
  (#43)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

17th December 2005, 10:26 PM

hi big b!

finally...uve written another chapter....and u kno wht....last night....before drifting off to sleep...i was thinking abt ur story....and i was like "tomorrow i have to remind big b to write another chappie soon" but when i logged on this mornin...i saw u had updated!!
and its written ver nicely...although there were some minor errors....but yea......loved the letter and the excitement and the love......mannnnnn.........really nice.....i loved reading this chappie.........sanjeev and aradhna.......cute cute couple!

keep going!!!!!!! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

take care
bye
ur sis 4ever

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~

Aradhna's first
Old
  (#44)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

Aradhna's first - 27th December 2005, 03:27 AM

Aradhna’s first

“So Mom” Aarti said as she walked in with Asha and Sangeeta into the kitchen. Mrs. Chowdhary gave a glance over her shoulder as she was busy cutting vegetables. “What are you cooking?”

“I was just making some sabji and Tandoori roti for the kids” Mrs. Chowdhary replied.

“Cool” Aarti said.

“Mom do you need any help” Asha enquired. Sangeeta started to cut the capsicum and the cauliflower.

“Yeah just put the potatoes to boil and ask Raju to get some ice cream from the shop”

“Okay mom” Asha went out to ask Raju to get the buns.

“So mom, tell us about the first letter you wrote to papa” Aarti asked excitedly.

“Yes mom, please tell us” Sangeeta too seconded Aarti’s request. Asha came back into the kitchen.

“Well, what do you all want to know?” Mrs. Chowdhary asked them.

“That what you wrote to papa in the first letter after marriage” Asha asked.

“Nothing, just here and there” Mrs. Chowdhary said feeling a bit shy.

“Oh come on mom please tell” Sangeeta insisted.

The four of them sat around the table in the kitchen as Sangeeta was cutting capsicum while Asha and Aarti were pealing peas and Mrs. Chowdhary made the dough. The three of them were very eagerly waiting for Mrs. Chowdhary to tell them about it.

“Okay Aarti go get the letter from the file” Mrs. Chowdhary instructed Aarti. Aarti quickly ran out of the kitchen and very soon returned with the letter and handed it out to Mrs. Chowdhary.

“You found it so soon?” Mrs. Chowdhary asked.

“Well all letters have been dated and kept in order so it is not at all difficult to find. Papa is so organized” Aarti said.

“He has been educated in England you see” Mrs. Chowdhary said and smiled.

“Mom, are you making fun of dad?” Aarti quizzed.

“Yes” Mrs. Chowdhary said and all started to laugh, “We all are friends, not just mom and daughter or mother in law or daughter in law. The relationship I shared with my mother in law I want to share with you all too. I am you friend first and mother second. What we women need to realize is we are the ones who leave our homes and come to another home so when our daughters get married or we bring somebody’s daughter we should realize one day we were in similar situation and we should try and give all the help and support that the other person needs. My mother in law taught me this and I hope to pass the same to you all”

“So Aradhna stop twisting and turning the topic and get back to the letter” Asha said. Mrs. Chowdhary looked at her and she bit her tongue between her teeth and everybody had a laugh. She took full liberty with Mrs. Chowdhary as she loved her a lot. Asha had always been with Mrs. Chowdhary from childhood. Asha used to come to Mrs. Chowdhary for everything when she was a kid. Whenever her mom use to shout at her or beat her Mrs. Chowdhary used to save her. Saying Asha was hers.

“Well Aarti read it out.” Mrs. Chowdhary said and handed it out to her.

“Dear WoH,” Aarti read and started to laugh very loudly. She almost fell from her chair. Seeing her Asha too started to laugh. Sangeeta too joined in and Mrs. Chowdhary took some dough and put it on Aarti’s nose.

“Mom” Aarti said and came back and sat on the chair and started to read.

“Dear Woh” Again everybody giggled and Aarti began to laugh. Mrs. Chowdhary took the letter from her and gave it to Sangeeta to read.

She held the letter in front of her and looked from her corner of the eye at Aarti and then at Asha and began to read. Aarti held her mouth.

--{@}--

Dear Woh,

How are you? I hope you receive this letter in the best of your health. We received your letter and everybody is fine here.

Mother is missing you a lot. Mother said to eat on time and sleep on time. Mother said not to eat too much outside food. Mother said to keep all things safely. Mother said to study hard. Mother said to wash and iron clothes properly. Mother said to take care of yourself. Mother said to keep writing letter to your wife. Mother said that I have started to read and write English. Mother has said to write more often. Mother said god blesses you.

Everybody here misses you a lot. Mother asked you to study hard and come back soon.

Yours truly,
Mother and Aradhna

--{@}--

Sangeeta completed the letter and returned it to Mrs. Chowdhary. Aarti fell from her chair laughing. So did Asha.

“I am not going to show you rest of the letters. This is it” Mrs. Chowdhary said.

“Oh Mom you are such a sweetheart” Asha said. The three of them gave Mrs. Chowdhary a tight hug. She too responded back with a smile.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#45)
farhana
farhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud of

27th December 2005, 03:40 AM

roz sochti hoon ke aaj kahani padhungi lekin har baar waqt hi nahi milta hai..aajkal packing me jo masroof hoon..jald hi ise padhne ki koshish karungi.apna khyaal rakhna...

"Roz Kii Taraah Aaj Bhii Taare
Subha Kii Gard MeiN Naa Kho JaayeiN
Aa ! Tere Gham MeiN Jaagtii AankheiN
Kam Se Kam Aik Raat So JaayeiN."

**~*FaRhAnA*~**
  Send a message via Yahoo to farhana  
Re: Aradhna's first
Old
  (#46)
shayri12345
shayri12345 is a jewel in the roughshayri12345 is a jewel in the roughshayri12345 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Aradhna's first - 27th December 2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohin
Aradhna’s first

“So Mom” Aarti said as she walked in with Asha and Sangeeta into the kitchen. Mrs. Chowdhary gave a glance over her shoulder as she was busy cutting vegetables. “What are you cooking?”

“I was just making some sabji and Tandoori roti for the kids” Mrs. Chowdhary replied.

“Cool” Aarti said.

“Mom do you need any help” Asha enquired. Sangeeta started to cut the capsicum and the cauliflower.

“Yeah just put the potatoes to boil and ask Raju to get some ice cream from the shop”

“Okay mom” Asha went out to ask Raju to get the buns.

“So mom, tell us about the first letter you wrote to papa” Aarti asked excitedly.

“Yes mom, please tell us” Sangeeta too seconded Aarti’s request. Asha came back into the kitchen.

“Well, what do you all want to know?” Mrs. Chowdhary asked them.

“That what you wrote to papa in the first letter after marriage” Asha asked.

“Nothing, just here and there” Mrs. Chowdhary said feeling a bit shy.

“Oh come on mom please tell” Sangeeta insisted.

The four of them sat around the table in the kitchen as Sangeeta was cutting capsicum while Asha and Aarti were pealing peas and Mrs. Chowdhary made the dough. The three of them were very eagerly waiting for Mrs. Chowdhary to tell them about it.

“Okay Aarti go get the letter from the file” Mrs. Chowdhary instructed Aarti. Aarti quickly ran out of the kitchen and very soon returned with the letter and handed it out to Mrs. Chowdhary.

“You found it so soon?” Mrs. Chowdhary asked.

“Well all letters have been dated and kept in order so it is not at all difficult to find. Papa is so organized” Aarti said.

“He has been educated in England you see” Mrs. Chowdhary said and smiled.

“Mom, are you making fun of dad?” Aarti quizzed.

“Yes” Mrs. Chowdhary said and all started to laugh, “We all are friends, not just mom and daughter or mother in law or daughter in law. The relationship I shared with my mother in law I want to share with you all too. I am you friend first and mother second. What we women need to realize is we are the ones who leave our homes and come to another home so when our daughters get married or we bring somebody’s daughter we should realize one day we were in similar situation and we should try and give all the help and support that the other person needs. My mother in law taught me this and I hope to pass the same to you all”

“So Aradhna stop twisting and turning the topic and get back to the letter” Asha said. Mrs. Chowdhary looked at her and she bit her tongue between her teeth and everybody had a laugh. She took full liberty with Mrs. Chowdhary as she loved her a lot. Asha had always been with Mrs. Chowdhary from childhood. Asha used to come to Mrs. Chowdhary for everything when she was a kid. Whenever her mom use to shout at her or beat her Mrs. Chowdhary used to save her. Saying Asha was hers.

“Well Aarti read it out.” Mrs. Chowdhary said and handed it out to her.

“Dear WoH,” Aarti read and started to laugh very loudly. She almost fell from her chair. Seeing her Asha too started to laugh. Sangeeta too joined in and Mrs. Chowdhary took some dough and put it on Aarti’s nose.

“Mom” Aarti said and came back and sat on the chair and started to read.

“Dear Woh” Again everybody giggled and Aarti began to laugh. Mrs. Chowdhary took the letter from her and gave it to Sangeeta to read.

She held the letter in front of her and looked from her corner of the eye at Aarti and then at Asha and began to read. Aarti held her mouth.

--{@}--

Dear Woh,

How are you? I hope you receive this letter in the best of your health. We received your letter and everybody is fine here.

Mother is missing you a lot. Mother said to eat on time and sleep on time. Mother said not to eat too much outside food. Mother said to keep all things safely. Mother said to study hard. Mother said to wash and iron clothes properly. Mother said to take care of yourself. Mother said to keep writing letter to your wife. Mother said that I have started to read and write English. Mother has said to write more often. Mother said god blesses you.

Everybody here misses you a lot. Mother asked you to study hard and come back soon.

Yours truly,
Mother and Aradhna

--{@}--

Sangeeta completed the letter and returned it to Mrs. Chowdhary. Aarti fell from her chair laughing. So did Asha.

“I am not going to show you rest of the letters. This is it” Mrs. Chowdhary said.

“Oh Mom you are such a sweetheart” Asha said. The three of them gave Mrs. Chowdhary a tight hug. She too responded back with a smile.

To Be Continued...
Hey Buddy
very nice chapter
wow i love the chapter and the hidden masumiyat of her expressioning wow!, mother said " to tell rohin he is a wonderfuul writer" and to write very often as we cant wait to read

I loved it! too good....

Keep writing as soon as you can

look fwd to read more
its exciting to read what u write...always and its a pleasure

Luv Always........
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by shayri12345; 27th December 2005 at 06:59 AM..

Old
  (#47)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

4th January 2006, 02:10 AM

ok thas it....ive waited too long for u to continue...mom said to tell rohin k "if he doesnt post another chappie quickly...then no samosas for him"

hurry upppppppppppppppppp...........its such a good story

The Long Wait
Old
  (#48)
Rohin

The Long Wait - 6th February 2006, 02:17 PM

The Long Wait

“So Mrs. Chowdhary what have you been up to these days? From the time your daughter in laws have come you have completely forgotten me” Mr. Chowdhary took a quick swipe at Mrs. Chowdhary who was making the bed after dinner,

“Yes after all they are my best buddies” Mrs. Chowdhary replied back..

“Oh I see” Mr. Chowdhary looking amused. “So what did all the buddies do today?”

“Nothing much just prepared dinner and other normal House Chores”

“That’s it?”

“Not really well Aarti had seen the file and thus she wanted me to read out the first letter that I wrote to you.”

“Oh Yes how I can forget that one Dear Woh” Mr. Chowdhary giggled at the thought of it.

“Why are you giggling. Did you take your medicine” Mrs. Chowdhary asked trying to look a bit angry. Mr. Chowdhary quickly opened his drawer took out his tablets and gulped them down with the glass of water besides his side of the bed.

Mrs. Chowdhary came and sat next to him on the other side of the bed as she prepared herself for the night.

“We talked about our letter and the relationship I shared with your mom. I miss her so much. She would be so happy to see me having a similar relationship with my daughter in law today.” Mrs. Chowdhary quipped.

“She certainly would have been dear” Mr. Chowdhary assured her. “I also remember the days of London very well. It was a time I learnt so much about the world but also learned one thing that there is no place like home”

“True very true. I still recollect seeing mom waiting for your letters anxiously just to hear that you are safe and happy, she would read your letters a million times and many times let tears roll. She would come and hug me tightly at times and at most times she would just talk about you. Sanjeev is like this, Sanjeev is like that. I used to enjoy all the stories she used to tell me about you”

“Really. What all stories you had heard by then”

“Well for starters I had heard how you had forgotten to wear your pant while going to school early morning” Mrs. Chowdhary laughed as Mr. Chowdhary felt embarrassed.

“Anyways forget that and bring me the letters. I want to read more of them. These old memories are so beautiful and having captured them in letters gives us a chance to relive every moment once again”

Mrs. Chowdhary got up and got the file. Mr. Chowdhary put on his glasses and brought out the next two letters of the series.

“Ah. This is a letter I think you wrote after almost completion of your first year. It was after a long gap.” Mrs. Chowdhary said.

--{@}--

Dearest Aradhna,

How are you and everybody at home? I received your letter a few days back and I was very happy.

My first year examination is over and we have a month long break before the next. I am missing you all a lot.

Here winter has just made way for some sunny days which made me wonder about our village. I just miss our open skies and fields where this is the best time, with new flowers blooming the smell of our motherland. I just wish I was there right now. Thinking of all this is making me homesick but I need to prepare myself for the coming year.

How are your studies going on? Hope you are enjoying it? Also I hope everybody at home is taking good care of you. Did you go to meet your parents? Do write to me all about it.

Give my love and regards to everybody, I would write to you all very soon.

Yours forever,
Woh

--{@}--

“Why you had to add that ‘Woh’?” Mrs. Chowdhary asked feeling a bit shy.

“Well you wrote the letter to Woh so Woh had to reply” Mr. Chowdhary again giggled.

“I was so embarrassed because of this. Mom was the one who read this letter and she laughed reading the end of it and also showed it to dad. I was so embarrassed I did not come in front of dad for months.” Mrs. Chowdhary laughed and so did Mr. Chowdhary they were enjoying the recollection of those old days.

“Okay now let me read yours” Mr. Chowdhary said as he took the next letter and began to read.

--{@}--

Dearest Sanjeev,

Hope you are doing well. It was wonderful to have received your letter. Everybody here was very pleased to read it. Do let us know when your results are out.

Everybody here also misses you a lot. Mom keeps waiting for your letters and so does dad. But they are happy that you are working hard over there and they are proud of you.

My studies have been going on well and you would be glad to know that I too am preparing for the metric exam. Surprised! well I too was pleasantly surpised at my progress. Mom and dad are proud of me. They plan to send me for higher education. I am very excited about it.

Also wanted to let you know that the festivities round the corner I would be going home for some days to my parent’s house. I would continue writing letters to you from there and hope to receive your reply too.

Love from everybody here. Take good care of your self and hope all that you ever wished for comes true.

Love
Aradhna

P.S: Send us a recent snap of yours. Mom is longing to see you.
--{@}--

Mr. Chowdhary took a deep breath. “You know Aradhna I was completely flabbergasted with this letter of yours. In 2 years I did not know you would make such good progress with your writing and English skills. I must say I was simply amazed and very happy too. As staying in London and seeing the women there I did hope my life partner would also have the open mindedness that I had come to expect from educated people.”

“It has nothing to do with education. I would say your mother was the best example. Although she was not very educated but her outlook was very modern. Else she would have never allowed me to pursue my studies. I was a small girl when I came to your place which could have very well felt like hell for a 14 yr old. But your mom made me so comfortable with everything that I felt at home and the encouragement I received from your dad made me feel even more blessed”

“I agree and I am proud of them” Mr. Chowdhary smiled remembering his parents.

“So Mr. Woh are you ready to sleep”

“Not really. But need to else I would have to listen to another one of your long lectures.”

“Good” Mrs. Chowdhary put the file aside and switched of the lights.

To Be Continued...

hi
Old
  (#49)
shayri12345

hi - 6th February 2006, 10:20 PM

Hi Rohin

This is such a wonderfu chapter, and special as you would know why?

So wonderful these couples are na! they way they giggle together, share moments, and their love filled letters, the shyness the love, the sweet memories! its wonderful, i really realy enjoyed reading this letter, whenevr u get time plz do write the next one too god bless this ocuple as they are now so dear to me

Luv
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old
  (#50)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

7th February 2006, 02:05 AM

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aradhna Goes Home
Old
  (#51)
Rohin

Aradhna Goes Home - 12th February 2006, 06:41 PM

Aradhna Goes Home

--{@}--

Dear Aradhna,

I received your letter a few days back and I guess you are at your parents place by now and hence I am sending the letter there.

Hope everybody is doing well and having you with them would have enlightened their lives. I am happy to know of the progress you have made with your studies and hope you achieve more in life. I wish I was there with all of you right now to enjoy the festivities. I miss the lights the sound, the savories. It’s an experience one can never forget for lives and staying here in London I am missing all the fun.

I hope you enjoy every moment of it as I cannot tell you how much I am longing to be there right now. I am missing home. I am missing my parents, my village, and room. Hope everything is like it was when I left it. How is everybody at home? Convey my love and regards to everyone.

When are you returning home? I am enclosing some pictures of mine taken here in England. Show them to Mom and dad. Also if possible send me a picture of all of you.

Now I will write later. Its late night and I need to get up early tomorrow for my lectures.

Yours forever,
Sanjeev

--{@}--

Mrs. Chowdhary then pulled out the black and white pictures from the envelope that accompanied the letter. She smiled.

“What are you smiling at?” Mr. Chowdhary asked as he took the snaps from her. “Ha Ha Ha” Mr. Chowdhary began to laugh loudly. Just then Preeti and Tanya came into the room with Aarti.

“Dad what are you laughing at?” Aarti quipped.

“He is laughing at himself.” Mrs. Chowdhary smiled.

Aarti seemed puzzled. Mr. Chowdhary handed her the snaps.

“Wow so handsome” Aarti said “Dad what a hairstyle and what a suit. You were the dude then” She laughed.

“Aarti Bua we also want to see” Preeti and Tanya took the pictures from Aarti and they too giggled.

“So how does your grandpa look in the pictures to you?” Aarti asked the two angels.

“hehehehe” Tanya giggled. Everybody smiled at the sweet sound of her giggle.

“Dadu had so much of hair at that time” Preeti said innocently. Mrs. Chowdhary and Aarti could not control their laughter. “Now he had become bald”

Mr. Chowdhary pulled Preeti and made her sit on his lap.

“Okay Preeti, who looks younger now, your grandma or me?” Mr. Chowdhary asked her.

“Grandma” Preeti said softly. Tanya began to giggle again. Aarti and Mrs. Chowdhary continued to laugh.

“Why is it so?” Mr. Chowdhary asked.

“You have only white hair. But Grandma has lots of black hair” Preeti answered promptly. Everybody laughed at her innocence.

“SO I am older” Mr. Chowdhary said and tickled Preeti. Who got up and ran to grandma who embraced her in a lovely bear hug.

“Kids of these days are so cute and innocent” Aarti said.

“Yeah she is just like your grandma”

“Really” Aarti’s face glowed

She picked the letter in Mrs. Chowdhary’s hand and began to read. Once all done she gave it back to Mrs. Chowdhary and asked her for the next letter. Mrs. Chowdhary took out another of those yellow pages and gave it to Aarti who read it out loud.

--{@}--

Dear Sanjeev,

Today is a special day for me. It is my first day at college. I am very excited and at the same time very nervous. I don’t know what will happen. It is a big day for me. As I had never thought I would ever be able to do this.

It all seemed like yesterday when I had come to your place and you left for London for higher studies. I felt so lost here. But with the love and affection bestowed upon me by everybody here I have been able to achieve so much. All thanks to you.

I had studied before coming here but it was left midway but with the encouragement I have received from your father I have been able to make such good progress in no time. I cleared my metric. My teachers were also happy to see my progress.

The day I received my degree the first person that came to my mind was you. It was all along your encouragement and thoughts that made me achieve so much. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You know, you are my best friend. I wish you were here to share my happiness. We saw your photos the other day and everybody was happy to see you. Mom had tears in her eyes and dad felt proud of you. My parents have also conveyed their love and affection to you.

3 years have passed since you left. Time just flows like a river. One more year and you will be back. I just can’t wait for that day to come. You will be in front of our eyes. Everybody will be so happy.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice time. We will eagerly wait for your return and do keep writing.

Love,
Aradhna

--{@}--

To Be Continued ....

hi
Old
  (#52)
shayri12345

hi - 13th February 2006, 07:23 AM

Hi ROhin

This was a wonderful chapter

yea when we are not in our country the longiness to see our own ppl the lights the room, and eerything really disturbs and the feeling of being woth ur own people and get the true luv and the warm feeling...also in mrs chowdhry letter well she is so sweet too na lol....i loved the way she wrote that u were the first perosn who came to my mind ...and the chapter seems so sweet !

please keep writing as reading u is a PLEasure

Luv ya
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sanjeev's Return
Old
  (#53)
Rohin

Sanjeev's Return - 12th March 2006, 03:26 AM

Sanjeev’s Return

--{@}--
Dear Aradhna,

How are you? Hope you all are fine and in the best of health.

It felt great to learn that you have joined college and are continuing your studies. I am really very proud of you. All the credit for your success goes to you. You are a perfect example to show how a person with hard work and dedication can achieve anything in life.

I wish I was there at this time to be with you. You are also my best friend and I am really excited at the prospect of meeting you and everybody else after a gap of more then 4 years. I hope everything is the same as it was before.

I still remember the first day I saw you. The innocent face, twinkle in the eye, small hands. I remember everything. I hope you do too.

I would be boarding the ship in a few months and would be there with everybody soon and looking forward to meet everyone. Give my love and regards to everyone and take care.

Hope to meet you soon.

Love,
Sanjeev

--{@}--

--{@}--

Dear Sanjeev,

How are you? Hope you are fine and all set to come back.

Everybody is eagerly waiting for your return. Mom keeps asking about your return. She really misses you a lot. Sometimes she cries to thinking of you. Dad too misses you. We can see it all in his eyes but he doesn’t show it to us.

I have kept your room ready for you. The bed, the curtains, the table everything is as you had left them the day you left. I come there sometimes when I miss my friend.

I am waiting for you to come. Come soon please.

Love
Aradhna

--{@}--

“What happened, Sanjeev?” Ajay asked seeing Sanjeev in a pensive m

“Nothing serious, just reading the letter from my wife. It’s been four years. I really miss them all a lot.”

“We all miss our families. But don’t worry a few more days and we will be back in our homes. By the way how is your wife? You never told much to us about her”

“Well what shall I say. I saw her once and got married. The next time I saw her was on the day of the wedding and I had to leave the day after for here, ever since I have just seen her through her letters.”

“Lucky you. I still don’t have a wife who would write me romantic letters.” Both started to laugh. Sanjeev got up and they walked back to their dormitory.

-----------

Sanjeev when will you come, I am missing my friend a lot. Please come soon.

“Didi, Sanjeev bhaiya has come” Malti said as she came running to Aradhna who was standing next to the window in Sanjeev’s room over looking the road.

The gloom that covered her face changed into joy as she ran towards the door of the room. There was lot of hustle bustle down below in the courtyard. She hid behind the huge pillar in the balcony and peeped out to see what was happening.

A young tall handsome guy was standing at the door and everybody in the house had gathered and crowded to see him. He was wearing a English suit and a hat, looking very polished. Mom was standing there to receive him with a Puja thali. She greeted him and put a tilak on his forehead. He bent down to touch Dad and Mom’s feet. He removed his hat and picked up his bag as he started to move in. He was looking here and there His eye’s searching for something. He greeted everybody on his way.

He rushed up the stairs and looked here and there and then their eyes met and he stood still. Aradhna ran inside the room. He walked towards the room. Knocked on the door of the room and entered. He looked around in amazement. Everything was just as he had left it. He touched things as he walked in. Everything just felt the same.

He then looked at the lady who was standing facing away from him looking outside the window. He walked towards her.

“Aradhna… Is that you?” He walked further. There was no answer.

“It’s me Sanjeev” He said and reached her. He held her arms and turned her around.

Aradhna just covered her face with her hands and then looked towards him. Sanjeev looked at her and smiled. She buried her face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.

To Be Continued.....

Old
  (#54)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

12th March 2006, 04:06 AM

awww

Old
  (#55)
shayri12345

16th March 2006, 06:57 AM

aww ....

cho cweet

Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great!
Old
  (#56)
Kohinoor
Kohinoor is on a distinguished road

Great! - 3rd April 2006, 05:44 AM

Hi Bhiya,
kya kahu mai?...kuch bhi to iss chotey se dimaag mai suj nahi raha...kuy ki aapney jo likha hai wo to undesribable hai mere liye...your creations is very mezmerizing...keep it up with the wonderful job!
aapki apni,
Sweetu

Maan!

Sanjeev's Gift
Old
  (#57)
Rohin

Sanjeev's Gift - 3rd April 2006, 05:57 AM

Sanjeev’s Gift

“Aradhna” Sanjeev said to her as he held her face up in his hand. Aradhna had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily.

“Aradhna, would you not like to see me? Your best friend!” Sanjeev said.

Aradhna just nodded her head in disagreement with a rising smile on her face. She slowly opened her Kajal lined eyes and looked in Sanjeev’s eyes. Sanjeev just looked at them in amazement. She was beautiful. Her long lack hair flowing like silk, Sindoor in her hair stretched far, the Bindi on her forehead looked like the crimson sun which shows up on the east early morning on a clear blue sky, her rosy cheeks were soft like rose petals, her pink lips were just perfect. Sanjeev was lost in her eyes. Aradhna could not help but blush.

“Sanjeev”

Just then somebody called for Sanjeev. Aradhna regained her poise and putting her saree dupatta across her head turned towards the window. The voice came closed. Sanjeev regained his composure and then realized the call yelled out

“Yes Mom I am coming” Sanjeev said and walked towards the door.

“Sanjeev you take rest and I will ask Raju, to get water ready for your bath. Have a bath and then come down for lunch we all will be waiting for you.”

“Okay mom, also mom can you send Raju, with the entire luggage to my room I need to take some stuff out“

“Okay son” Sanjeev mom pulled his cheeks and kissed her hand with her lips. She had slight tears in her eyes but these tears were tears of happiness of a mom who had been waiting for her son’s return.

Sanjeev’s mom left and Sanjeev started to move towards Aradhna. Just then Raju came with the entire luggage and called for Sanjeev. Sanjeev again turned back and saw Raju. He directed him to put the luggage near the cupboard and waited for him to leave. Sanjeev then moved to one of the cartons and took out a gramophone and placed it on his study table. He then opened his suitcase to take out some records. He searched through them and then finally found the one he was looking for and placed it on the gramophone and played it.

When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so want to give you
it's only a heart beat away

When I need love
I hold out my hand and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
keeping me warm night and day

Miles and miles of empty space in between us
A telephone can't take the place of your smile
But you know I won't be traveling forever
It's cold out but hold out and do like I do

When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so want to give you baby
it's only a heart beat away

It's not easy when the road is your driver
Honey that's a heavy load that we bear
But you know I won't be traveling a lifetime
It's cold out so hold out and do like I do

When I need you

When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
keeping me warm night and day

When I need you
I close my eyes
I hold out my hand and I've got you darlin'
It's only a heart beat away
Now listen
When I need you darlin'
I hold you, feel ya
Give it to me baby

And I miss ya baby
Just close my eyes and I'm with you
And I need you tonight
You know it's only a heart beat away
- Rod Stewart

As the song played Sanjeev moved towards Aradhna slowly. Aradhna still faced the window. Sanjeev walked from one end of the room towards her. It is a wonderful song and so romantic that the world seemed to be in love. As the song approached its end, Sanjeev reached Aradhna.

He again held her by her arms and turned her towards him and asked her. “Aradhna did you miss me?” She blushed but did not say a word. He asked her again.

He held her closer and closer. Aradhna was breathing heavily and was blushing. She did not know what to do or what to say just then Sanjeev’s mom called for Aradhna and Aradhna just ran out and Sanjeev could not do anything. He looked at her go and then just fell on his bed on his back gathered his pillow and hugged it tight.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#58)
shayri12345

3rd April 2006, 06:06 AM

awwww yaar how sweet n romantic...loved it...and hey aradhana desciption was really sweet! loved it simply...and sanjeev is like a hero..and this song was the perfect combo here!

i loved evervy word of it... amazing and romantic

Luv ya
Priya

ps...write next ASAP.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by shayri12345; 3rd April 2006 at 06:09 AM..

Aradhna’s first words
Old
  (#59)
Rohin

Aradhna’s first words - 3rd April 2006, 07:37 AM

Aradhna’s first wordsp

Aradhna came back to the room after her bath only to find Sanjeev sleeping. He had his shoes on and all his travel clothes on, his legs hanging outside the bed and he hugging the pillow tight. Like a sweet little baby. Aradhna looked and giggled.

She went near Sanjeev and then stared at the way he was sleeping. She then bent down to wake him up.

“Sanjeev” She whispered quietly. There was no movement. She went nearer and called for him. “Sanjeev” she called again, still no reply. She moved further towards him and bent over his face, with water dripping from her loose hair on his face. Suddenly Sanjeev woke up and seeing Aradhna so close to him felt nervous and just got up and their heads banged into each other. “Ouch!” both of them shouted.

Sanjeev began to rub his head and Aradhna also sat back on the bed and began to laugh loudly looking at Sanjeev. She was amused by the situation. Sanjeev looked at her laughing and just could not help but stare at her.

“English babu! What happened?” Aradhna said to Sanjeev. Sanjeev still was staring at Aradhna who was becoming conscious of his glance and she blushed.

She began to get off the bed and began to run towards the door when Sanjeev caught her wrist full of bangles and as she tried to wriggle out giggling he tightened her grip and asked her.

“So Aradhna, where are you going?” He quizzed.

“Please let me go” She said very softly.

“First tell me did you miss me?” Sanjeev said as he also got up from bed.

“”Mom has asked you to come down after having a bath dad is waiting for you. She said that, turned around and bit his hand a bit. Sanjeev loosened his grip and rubbed his hand and Aradhna began laughing and then turned around and ran outside the door. Sanjeev had a sweet smile on his face as he ran after her as soon as he stepped in the corridor he saw his mom standing and he immediately applied breaks to his run because of which he lost balance and fell on the floor. Aradhna who was coming behind Sanjeev’s mom laughed as she peeped out from behind his mom. Sanjeev could not say anything.

“Sanjeev what are you doing? You are still not ready. Dad is waiting for you for lunch” Sanjeev’s mom said. “Aradhna make sure he comes back out in 10 min Give him the new kurta pajama you brought for him” Aradhna nodded her head in agreement. Sanjeev’s mom turned around to go back.

Sanjeev got up and looked at Aradhna. She giggled again and asked him to follow her. She went to the cupboard got hold of a towel and the kurta payjama and gave it to him. He held it and moved towards her and she blushed and went out.

After about 30 min Aradhna came back to the room to call Sanjeev. As she came in she looked around for Sanjeev. He saw him standing next to the mirror with one end of the kurta under his chin holding on to it as he was trying to tie the knot of the rope of the pajamas.

She giggled looking at his misery.

“So English babu cannot even tie a nada” She giggled again.

“Well I haven’t worn these for some time so if you know why don’t you tie it for me” Sanjeev replied.

Aradhna came close and took the two ends of the nada and quickly tied them for Sanjeev. Sanjeev grabbed hold of her.

“Dad is waiting” Aradhna said softly.

“Okay” Sanjeev let Aradhna go and took him downstairs to the dinning room.

There they all sat there to eat lunch. Sanjeev’s mom kept on serving the two of them food as Aradhna passed things one by one.

“Wow mom what lovely food. It feels so nice to have home cooked food after such a long time. When we were in college we hardly got anything to eat as delicious as your cooking”

“Eat as much as you can son” Sanjeev’s father said.

“But son none of this is made by me all this has been cooked by Aradhna”

“You must be joking mom” Sanjeev said.

“No seriously she has been in the kitchen whole day preparing all you favorites dishes.”

“Really?” Sanjeev looked surprised.

“Yes son. She had been waiting for the past few months from the time you said you are coming.”

Sanjeev looked towards Aradhna who felt a bit embarrassed at the disclosure of her longing for Sanjeev.

“You are lucky son to have got such a wonderful wife in Aradhna. She is educated and well mannered. She knows how to respect elders and she takes care of everyone so well. After you left, if she was not here we would have felt so lonely. God bless you Aradhna” Sanjeev’s father said.

“Yeah she is a gem or a gal.” Sanjeev’s mother said.

“I still remember when I first went to her house to meet her father. She was playing with her friends and she was looking so sweet and innocent. As soon as I reached her father’s place I asked for her hand for you. I had given lot of loans to her father and I had gone to ask for my loan only. But as soon as I saw her I forgot everything and asked for her hand for you instead of the loan.”

Something struck Aradhna and she looked serious and she ran out. Everyone was surprised by her sudden behaviors. Aradhna’ mom signaled Sanjeev to look at what had happened. Sanjeev cleansed his hand and ran outside to see where she had gone.

To Be Continued....

Old
  (#60)
shrdh
shrdh will become famous soon enoughshrdh will become famous soon enough

3rd April 2006, 02:30 PM

hm nice aaj hi sari padhi hai really gud one

keep writing i am enjoying it and thinking to read whole again it sumthing like rose which makes heart happy
so romantic make heart beat fast

ur di
shrdh

Send a message via Yahoo to shrdh  
Old
  (#61)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

3rd April 2006, 10:44 PM

my dear cute and adorable brother,

wow! u kno wht...i loved these two chapters...all the love, yet so much innocence...thas wht i lyk abt ur novels....they have a touch of innocence to them...nd tht innocence, i have not yet found in any other author's pen...

wowwiesss....this was fantastic...i was juss holding my breath the whole time...and wow....u kno, hehe, when i say this im smiling idiotically, but when i was reading this, i pictured myself as aradhna...lolz... hehehe....for some reason, i cant stop smiling after these chappies....i think im gonna read them again!

and ohhh...now i see...bhabi ki kyon yaad aa rahi thi....bahut acche...bad boy ...juss kidding

take care
keep writing
Lallu

Old
  (#62)
shayri12345

3rd April 2006, 11:32 PM

Hi ROhin

U really knows how to make the readers start to imagine and make them Blush!! this chapter was so sweet, awesome and romantic, thori hichkich-hat...thora pyar....wow! interesting, i loved it

Luv
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aradhna leaves for home
Old
  (#63)
Rohin

Aradhna leaves for home - 8th April 2006, 08:29 AM

Aradhna leaves for home

Sanjeev climbed up the stairs and entered their room. There he found Aradhna standing looking outside the window. She was weeping. Sanjeev did not know what to do or say. So hesitantly he walked towards Aradhna. Having reached her he placed his hands on her shoulder. She stopped weeping but still looked out of the window.

“Aradhna” Sanjeev said softly to her. There was no answer from Aradhna. He turned her around and looked at her face. Tears were trickling down her soft cheeks. Sanjeev could not bear it.

“Aradhna my dear. What is the matter?” Sanjeev asked again. Aradhna just hugged him and kept crying.

“You can tell me. I am your best friend” Sanjeev asked again.

“I want to go home” Aradhna said softly with weeping eyes.

“What?” Sanjeev looked perplexed.

“I want to go home” Aradhna said again. She was still crying.

“Okay, but why so all of a sudden?” Sanjeev still shook by her behavior.

“Please don’t ask me now. Please arrange for me to go home now.” Aradhna requested Sanjeev.

“okay fine. We will leave tomorrow morning. Is that fine?” Sanjeev asked Aradhna.

“OK” Aradhna said and turned again towards the window. Still crying, Sanjeev stood their watching her helplessly and then after some time just went out of the room.

Aradhna’s tears had stopped and she stood their looking outside the window as the evening turned darkness spread her wings around the house. All seemed so quiet.

“Aradhna” Sanjeev’s mom came into the room and called for her.

Aradhna immediately turned around and hugged her tight.

“Won’t you tell your mother what the problem is?”

Aradhna just hugged her but did not say a word.

”Did Sanjeev say something to you?” She quizzed Aradhna.

“No Mom. There is something which I cannot tell you now. But tomorrow morning I will leave for home. I will tell you the reason soon”

“Very well dear. I know you and I trust that whatever decision you are taking is after much contemplation”

“I hope so too” Aradhna said and moved away.

“Coming to have dinner with me before you go?” Sanjeev’s mother said to her.

“Okay” Aradhna said softly and walked after her. She was still thinking something.

Aradhna had dinner and then came back upstairs. Sanjeev was waiting for her to come up. He wanted to say something to her. But Aradhna was in no mood to listen. She went lay on the bed. Sanjeev also followed and laid on the other side. Aradhna was not asleep but was facing the window. Sanjeev again tried to say something. But he realized all this would be in vain. He was looking at the roof and after sometime he felt asleep.

Aradhna laid there looking at the stars outside the window. She had tears in her eyes which did not let her sleep. It seemed all of a sudden her perfect world had fallen to pieces. She closed her eyes and made a small prayer to god. She opened her eyes again. She had many questions and she wanted the answers fast.

During the early hours of the morning the darkness was torn through by the sun and the signs of the battle were evident in the sky by the red colour which flowed. Aradhna woke up and turned around. Sanjeev was not there. She too got up and packed her luggage and took a bath and got ready. Sanjeev then came in.

“Aradhna” he said. “The horse cart is ready and we should leave soon”

Aradhna go up and walked without saying a word. Sanjeev picked up the luggage and they both went downstairs. Everyone was waiting for the two of them. All had gloom written on their face. They all had become so used to Aradhna that now they could not see her go. Aradhna touched everybody’s feet.

“Sanjeev take good care of Aradhna and make sure she reaches safely also once she is there stay with her and get her back as soon as possible. Without her this house will seem very dull” Sanjeev’s father said.

“Sure dad” Sanjeev said.

Aradhna sat in the horse cart and so did Sanjeev. They looked at everybody. There were tears in Sanjeev’s mother’s eye. All of them waived them goodbye. They stood there till the cart was out of site. Sanjeev was looking at them till they could be seen he then turned around and looked at Aradhna. She was looking elsewhere and was looking lost in thoughts. He wanted to say something but then decided against it.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#64)
shayri12345

8th April 2006, 08:34 AM

" oh hooooooooooooo"
what happend to aradhna?? damn

write fast damn cant wait?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by shayri12345; 8th April 2006 at 08:42 AM..

Old
  (#65)
shayri12345

29th September 2006, 09:50 AM

mr whos gonna continue....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aradhna reaches home
Old
  (#66)
Rohin

Aradhna reaches home - 29th September 2006, 06:09 PM

Aradhna reaches home

The horse cart made its way through the farmland. Everything was so quiet today; it gave a feeling of the lull before the storm. Something was brewing somewhere. Sanjeev kept staring at Aradhna, but, Aradhna was looking elsewhere. Sanjeev felt restless lot of thoughts crossing his mind. What should he say? He didn’t even know the reason for Aradhna’s action. He just sat there first staring at Aradhna then at the path they had left behind. The horse cart picked speed.

The sun had risen past the horizon and was making its way to the top when the rider pulled up the horses by the side of a well. Sanjeev had dosed of to sleep and as the horse cart came to a halt he got up. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. Then he looked at the rider and asked.

“What happened?” Sanjeev asked the driver.

“It is hot sir. And the horse is tired. They need a bit of rest. Why don’t you have something to eat while and have some water? While I feed the horse and they rest a bit” the rider replied.

Sanjeev got down from the cart. Aradhna turned towards Sanjeev and without saying anything Sanjeev extended his had towards her. Aradhna held his hand and got down from the cart. It was hot al right. Sanjeev picked up a bamboo basket and a sheet he was carrying with him and looked for a cool spot. Aradhna pointed at a People tree nearby.

Sanjeev kept the stuff and Aradhna reached out to help Sanjeev spread the sheet on the grass. Aradhna took out a cloth from the basket which was tied like a bag. She took out the paratha’s which Sanjeev’s mom had prepared for the two of them for the journey. Sanjeev’s mom had kept everything some curd, some pickle and quiet a few Aloo Paratha’s. They were delicious. Aradhna extended a couple of them in a plate to Sanjeev. Who took it and began eating. Aradhna had laid her plate as well and eating something as she was lost in thoughts.

“Aradhna pass me a paratha” Sanjeev said looking at Aradhna. Aradhna was lost in another world. Sanjeev touched her hand. She then realized Sanjeev had been calling her and she handed out some pickle to him. Sanjeev began to laugh. Aradhna looked at him in amazement.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Nothing” he said and took a paratha himself. Aradhna realized her mistake and she too had a smile on her face as she blushed.

Sanjeev breathed a sigh of relief that was the first change in expression from Aradhna. But Aradhna soon got lost in her thoughts.

It was time for them to move and they packed things and got back into the cart. The riders got the horse moving and they were again of to their destination and in another few hours they reached their destination. Aradhna was coming back after a long time and for the first time with Sanjeev after her marriage. She came last just before college and she was still a small gal then. Now she had grown into a beautiful lady.

All passersby were looking at her with anxiety. Everybody knew her. After all she was married into the most respectable family in the Zila. Lot of things had changed since her last visit as her eyes searched for comfort of the known among the unknown. Houses the, roads everything had changed. She barely was able to recognize the Post office. She hardly remembered faces of people around. It was all so unfamiliar.

The horse cart pulled up in front of a old house. Not much had changed here. Sanjeev climbed down the cart and helped Aradhna too. Aradhna looked around. Everything was very quiet.

Aradhna moved to the front gate. No one seemed to be at home. The front door was locked. She got a bit tensed and looked around to ask someone nearby. Then someone from the neighboring house came over to her it was Janki Kaki.

Aradhna rushed towards her and touched her feet and asked “janki Kaki, Where is everyone?”.

“Don’t worry they have just gone to a wedding in the neighboring village. They will be back tomorrow.” Janki kaki replied.

“Oh” Aradhna breathed a sigh of relief.

“When did you come” Janki kaki asked.

“just a few min back. Do you have the house keys?” Aradhna asked.

“Yes I have come with me sweetheart” she said and pulled Aradhna with her. “You have grown into a very beautiful lady.” Aradhna blushed. Sanjeev looked on.

They returned in a few minutes with the keys and Aradhna opened the door. She led Sanjeev and Kaki into the house and placed the luggage in the room.

Kaki looked at Sanjeev and smiled. Sanjeev bent down to touch her feet and she blessed him.

“When did you return from London?”

“Yesterday” Sanjeev smiled at her.

“I hope Aradhna has not troubled your family a lot” Kaki smiled.

“No not at all” Sanjeev looking at Aradhna.

“Okay you both make yourself comfortable and come over for dinner for the night” kaki said and went out of the room.

“Do you want something?” Aradhna said to Sanjeev holding out a glass of water towards him. These were the first few words that she had said to Sanjeev in the entire day.

Sanjeev gulped the glass of water and nodded to indicate that he was fine. Aradhna took the glass and went back to the kitchen.

Sanjeev looked around it was his first visit after marriage. All the found memories of the marriage were moving in front of his eyes. He smiled at the thought and wished he would know what happened to Aradhna. He then went and stood near the door gazing at the horizon at a distance.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#67)
shayri12345

30th September 2006, 01:12 AM

expression, so much they can reveal at times....interesting Rohin, aage kya hoga I cant wait to know!

Please write soon and I loved this chapter as always the more I read the more I want to know and read :">

Luv
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aradhna’s Parents return
Old
  (#68)
Rohin

Aradhna’s Parents return - 2nd October 2006, 03:01 AM

Aradhna’s Parents return

In the evening as requested by Janki kaki, Aradhna and Sanjeev went to her house for dinner. Janki kaki greeted them with a smile. The two went entered the house and were greeted by Jaidev Kaka who had returned from the fields after a long day. Aradhna went with Kaki to help her in the kitchen.

“Come son sit here with me” Jaidev Kaka took Sanjeev to the courtyard.

In the houses in the village the courtyard is a must. It serves the dual purpose of serving as a sitting area for the guest and an open area for all festive occasions.

“So son how was your visit to the foreign land?”

“Very good uncle” Sanjeev replied, a very short answer.

“You must have seen a lot of things around the world. What is the most beautiful thing that you have seen?”

“Kaka ji , I traveled many places saw some of the most beautiful things in the world. But the simplicity, the love, the warmth that we receive back home cannot be compared to anything around the world” Sanjeev replied with a smile. Kaka ji also smiled as the feeling was very mutual.

Aradhna came out to call them for dinner. They got up and proceeded to the kitchen. After washing their hands Aradhna served them the meal. In typical style it was a rich and nourishing meal as required by most people who work in the village fields.

“Son whatever I could manage I have made. I hope you like it” Kaki told Sanjeev.

Sanjeev taking a bite of the roti and the sabji looked at kaki “Delicious”. Kaki was very glad.

“Kaka ji you are very lucky your wife is a very good cook” Sanjeev said to Kaka.

“Isn’t Aradhna a good cook?” Kaka ji asked Sanjeev. Aradhna and Kaki were standing near them.

“She is a fine cook not too bad, but the warmth and love of a mother makes the food even better” Sanjeev said looking at Aradhna.

Aradhna stared at him with slanted eyes. Sanjeev looked down and concentrated on eating but he had all smile in his heart. Aradhna was talkative and smiling for the rest of the night. Aradhna and Sanjeev finished left.

On the way, Aradhna told Sanjeev how she used to trouble Kaki when she was very small. Sanjeev listened to her with silence, spotted with a smile now and then. Aradhna was very cheerful.

As the two of them approached home Sanjeev turned towards Aradhna and said “Always smile like this Aradhna. You look good when you smile not when you are serious”. Aradhna knew what Sanjeev was hinting at.

Aradhna’s face turned serious again. She opened the door and led the way in. She brought a Kerosene lit lamp and led Sanjeev in.
Sanjeev lied on the charpai kept in the courtyard. It was a beautiful full moon night. The sky was clear and the Stars sparkled Sanjeev slept gazing at the stars.

Aradhna stood next to the window gazing at the full moon and wondering, lost in her thoughts. She would smile ever so slightly and then get serious again. She would become tensed and then almost cry. A lot was going on in her head.

“Why god? Why did you have to do this to me? Everything seemed so good to be true. Wonderful parents… wonderful husband… and wonderful in laws and then this. Should I be happy or should I cry. I don’t know. Am I doing the right thing?”

A lot remained unanswered and slowly the darkness of the night gave way to the quiet dawn. Aradhna got up and went to the courtyard. Sanjeev was still sleeping. She smiled and then carried on with her work. She went to the well to get water for the house and cleaned the house.

Aradhna made some tea and poured it in an earthen cup and took it to the courtyard. Sanjeev was still asleep. Aradhna went near him and smiled. He was sleeping like a baby. She giggled as she got an idea. She took one of Sanjeev’s fingers and dipped it into the tea.

Sanjeev sprang up from the bed shouting. Aradhna laughed loudly. As soon as Sanjeev realized what Aradhna had done he ran after her and Aradhna ran too. She ran encircling the Tulsi plant in the middle of the courtyard and Sanjeev tried to catch her, but in vain. Aradhna tried to doge and ran to the gate when Sanjeev got her by her wrist. She twisted and turned but in vain. Aradhna was blushing as Sanjeev pulled her close.

Sound of a horse neighing came and Sanjeev let go of Aradhna. Aradhna rushed to see who was there. Her parents had arrived. Aradhna’s Father and Mother got down from the cart.

“Maaaaaaaaaa” Aradhna cried in excitement and rushed to hug her mother. Her mother was pleasantly shocked and so was her dad. She hugged her daddy too. Sanjeev stood at the door looking at them with a smile and as they were coming to the door moved towards them. Sanjeev touched their feet.

“When did you come?” Aradhna’s mom asked her.

“We came yesterday. Janki kaki told that you have gone for a marriage in the neighboring village. She gave us the keys to the house”

“That is good” her mom replied.

“Did you have any problem on the way?” Anuradha’s father asked Sanjeev.

“ No papa everything was fine” Sanjeev smiled at him.

They all went inside.

To Be Continuied...

Old
  (#69)
shayri12345

2nd October 2006, 08:40 AM

wow, small things can mean so much right Rohin , yes I agree the warmth, love, smile, its all so awesome. I like the naughtyness of Sanjeev :"> very cute I think! Awesome!! Aradhana also is too cute! Now what all is happening in her head, what next! I cant wait to read on!!

Loved it as always
please write soon

Luv
Priya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old
  (#70)
Rohin

12th September 2011, 12:58 AM

I wish I could finish this story.... trying to find the time to do it... well let's hope that I have the will power to do so....

Old
  (#71)
mittal_pali
Webeater
mittal_pali is a splendid one to beholdmittal_pali is a splendid one to beholdmittal_pali is a splendid one to beholdmittal_pali is a splendid one to beholdmittal_pali is a splendid one to beholdmittal_pali is a splendid one to behold

13th October 2011, 03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

Pali Mittal