Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Personal Messages > Chit-Chat & General Discussion Forum

About adding reputation [Important]
Old
  (#1)
prasad.kulkarni
Bangalore
prasad.kulkarni will become famous soon enoughprasad.kulkarni will become famous soon enough

About adding reputation [Important] - 12th August 2008, 07:13 PM

There are some very generous people who take time to add reputation for other members but unfortunately forget to mention their name or username. The person receiving the reps wont come to know who gave him/her those reps.

Therefore, I request you all to please mention your username in the comment line while giving someone reputation points.

Thank you,
-Prasad

aaKhirii hichaki tere zaanoN pe aaye
maut bhi maiN shaayraana chaahtaa huuN
-Qateel Shifai

Old
  (#2)
Mayank
Mayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

15th August 2008, 06:18 PM

I agree with Prasad here but, Sometimes I want to reward a member with reputation point and don't sign my ID as I don't want that member to feel obligated to have to rep me back. Reps are for rewarding others and shouldn't be given out just to get one (or more) back..

Plus I like giving reps and leaving my name only if I so desire.

Mayank

Send a message via MSN to Mayank  
Old
  (#3)
prasad.kulkarni
Bangalore
prasad.kulkarni will become famous soon enoughprasad.kulkarni will become famous soon enough

17th August 2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank View Post
I agree with Prasad here but, Sometimes I want to reward a member with reputation point and don't sign my ID as I don't want that member to feel obligated to have to rep me back. Reps are for rewarding others and shouldn't be given out just to get one (or more) back..

Plus I like giving reps and leaving my name only if I so desire.

Mayank
Mayank, what you have said is quite valid. But I think one would like to know who appreciated his or her work though it is quite likely, as you said, that they might feel obliged to return the favour. However, on a forum like Shayri.Com where people post shayri or discuss Urdu poetry, it would be interesting to see who says what and how much value that adds to the forum. As such, there is no reason for anyone to feel obligated to give some reputation points back to anyone unless they truly feel someone has posted or said something good.

Having said that, there is no binding for anyone to leave their name while adding reps as they may want to remain anonymous. I only wanted say that most people would like to know who liked their posts rather than only knowing that somebody added some reputation points.

aaKhirii hichaki tere zaanoN pe aaye
maut bhi maiN shaayraana chaahtaa huuN
-Qateel Shifai

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: