Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > English/Hindi/Other Languages Poetry > Hindi Kavitayen

tumako ho jaanaa, kaanhaa hai maanaa
Old
  (#1)
aarya
trail of thoughts
aarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really nice

tumako ho jaanaa, kaanhaa hai maanaa - 10th March 2007, 09:51 AM

( A song like poem in simple words…explanation given below in case the reader might want to understand the poem from the writers perspective.)

Girl: red Boy :blue Both: purple

ab naa chalegaa koii bahaanaa

tuu merii gopii, mai.n hu.N gopaalaa
ab to lagaa hii rahe aanaa jaanaa

terii yeh naTkhaT adaa hi to baalam
karti hai mere dil kaa churaanaa

terii gagariyaa phoDan bahaane
pa.nghaT pe mujhko paDegaa ab aanaa

tuu phoDe gaagar, mai.n bhiig jaauu.N
jaane ye kaisaa kissaa puraanaa

chorii se chupke se aangan se tere
mujhko abhii tak hai maakhan churaanaa

kab tak chalegaa mujhko sataanaa
ek din tujhe bhii padega manaanaa
tumko ho jaanaa, kaanhaa hai maanaa

tuu merii raadhaa , mai shyam teraa
aajaa ki bansi kii dhun hai sunaanaa

kanhaa ho kanhaa, ab tune jaana

kaanhaa mai.n kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa

sat aur chit kaa naataa puraanaa
kaise rahun bin tere jaanejaanaa
kaanhaa ho kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa
aane ka hii hai jaanaa bahaanaa

kaanhaa mai.n kaanhaa, ab maine jaanaa
ab to lagaa hi rahe aanaa jaana
kaanhaa mai kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a concept I have crystallized in my mind, by reading some books on the subject.

often times we meet people in our path of life and feel they are our soulmates. This may be true, but the time ---that may not be right.

We evolve as souls by taking birth often times. In the process of reaching our eternal goals each soul takes many life forms. In these forms the soulmates might cross each others paths, but due to their being on different levels of spirituality they may not be able to lead a life of companionship due to different goal settings for that particular life time. The best thing to reach your goal and your soulmate then would be to avoid interference and hindarance in the process of their fulfilling their duties in this lifetime as well as continuing to complete your tasks so that when the ideal time in future lifetimes is reached companionship can occur.

We also meet people to help us evolve and sometimes we help others evolve.

To explain this concept I have used a song like poem where the characters , the girl is at a lower spiritual level (thinks only about one lifetime) and the boy is at a higher spiritual level (understands the process of birth and death.). This poem describes how a soul at a higher spiritual level helps a soul that is at a lower spiritual level to understand and assimilate that instead of tying a knot in this lifetime, I would rather keep visiting you in many lifetimes and finally unite with you when it is time to leave the worldly cycle of birth and death for good.

Visuilize these characters as a gopi and Krishna, it may be easier to understand my view point. I have tried to explain some sentences from how I see them, in case someone would like to care to know the authors perspective.

(I have thought of you as my soulmate, ( I have used the word kaanhaa to bring out the fact that she thinks, for her he is the best amongst all men))
(don’t make excuses in being my companion and tying the knot of companionship)

(now we shall keep seeing each other, said in a light, but very spiritual way)

terii yeh naTkhaT adaa hi to baalam
karti hai mere dil kaa churaanaa

terii gagariyaa phoDan bahaane
pa.nghaT pe mujhko paDegaa ab aanaa
( when ever you think you have understood the essence of life, I shall have to come and undo your wrong learnings, here gagariya is life and it is filled with understanding of life.)

tuu phoDe gaagar, mai.n bhiig jaauu.N
jaane ye kaisaa kissaa puraanaa

(the girl complains, that you undo all that I learn in a lifetime and I have to bear the consequences and this goes on for lifetimes.)

chorii se chupke se aangan se tere
mujhko abhii tak hai maakhan churaanaa

(During the evolvement of the soul, I still have to meet you, in a form where you have churned the mysteries of life and assimilated their lessons and beautified your soul ( like the butter/maakhan). I need to taste the essense of that beauty in you).

kab tak chalegaa mujhko sataanaa
ek din tujhe bhii padega manaanaa

( the girl still at a lower level of understanding/ ignorant of what the boy is trying to tell her says this)
tumko ho jaanaa, kaanhaa hai maanaa

tuu merii raadhaa , mai shyam teraa
aajaa ki bansi kii dhun hai sunaanaa

(he explains that we are soulmates, and I shall explain this to you with the help of music. Music is symbolic of trans or meditation through which he explains to her the cycle of birth and life and thus elevates her spirituality)

kanhaa ho kanhaa, ab tune jaanaa
(since the girl reaches the same spiritual level as the boy, the boy now gives her his identity and calls her kaanhaa)
kaanhaa mai.n kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa
(the girl also calls herself by the new identity)

sat aur chit kaa naataa puraanaa
kaise rahun bin tere jaanejaanaa
kaanhaa ho kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa
aane ka hii hai jaanaa bahaanaa
(both sing together as they have reached an understanding that they are soulmates, but cannot meet yet , and will have to separate.)
kaanhaa mai.n kaanhaa, ab maine jaanaa
ab to lagaa hi rahe aanaa jaana
kaanhaa mai kaanhaa, ab ye hai jaanaa

( the girl reaches a level of understanding and accepts the information/lesson given to her and sings in the same tone as the boy.)

This is the product of my understanding after reading a few books. It may not be true and I don’t expect anyone to believe in it.

I am presenting it here just for the sake of poetry,but since I have done the work of collecting and penning down my thoughts along with the poem, I decided to present the whole package.

Comments on this particular poem, both positve as well as negative shall be highly appreciated and warmly accepted.

regards
aarya

khwaabo.n ke par kabhii kaTne na denaa
inke sahaaron me raahai.n rahe.ngii

lage.nge ye lejaa rahe alag raste
un raston pe bhii kai seekhai.n to ho.ngii

ye seekhai.n hameshaa sameTe rakhnaa
inhii.n se to sabko manzil milai.ngii

regards aarya