Together Always
Old
  (#1)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

Together Always - 14th May 2006, 11:54 PM

Hello Everyone,

The newest novel I am writing is called “Together Always”. I would like to introduce it to you with a poem, that will, as we progress, be very important in the plot. Ok, I’m going to stop here right now, because I think I gave too much away already.

Together always will we, my love, be
Forever will I continue to love thee

Together we will journey our joined life
Pronounced as joyful husband and wife

Together we’ll grow merry and old
Engraving each moment to be of gold

Our children will be our great friends
Helping us, always until the great end

Together, nothing will tear us apart
Forever, we’ll share each other’s heart

Together always we will, my love be
Even after death, I will always love thee
--Warda

I hope to see your support through yet another novel and journey through life and its mysteries. Anything else, just ask. Hopefully, you will find something you like in this novel, for it is a bit different, again.

Thank you
Take Care

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~

Last edited by Mukhra; 15th May 2006 at 12:01 AM..

Old
  (#2)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

14th May 2006, 11:59 PM

Together Always: Chapter 1

He reached out and took Disha’s weak hand in his strong one. Bringing it up to his lips, he softly placed a kiss, his eyes never leaving Disha’s face. Disha smiled as she squinted at Rehan. She motioned for him to come closer. Swallowing, Rehan leaned forward, just a few inches away from Disha.

“Sing to me one last time. Please,” Disha croaked. Rehan quickly wiped his eyes.

“Nope. Not in the mood today. But, I will sing for you when you get better,” he said lightly.

“I’m not going to get any better. Please, sing for me,” Disha pleaded. Rehan didn’t need any more telling. He cleared his throat and began to sing in his rich, deep voice. He didn’t continue on since Disha had closed her eyes and was smiling.

“I wish I could listen to you forever,” she whispered. Rehan looked away.

“I’m sorry. I am so sorry. I caused you so much hurt. Please forgive me. Please get better,” he rushed out, crying. Get a grip Rehan, he thought, men don’t cry. But, tears kept betraying his eyes.

“Sing more,” Disha said. And Rehan sang “Woh Lamhe” as he watched his girlfriend, the love of his life, die in front of him. When not a breath came from Disha’s body, Rehan collapsed.

30 Years later….

A sweaty, fifty year old Rehan woke up, the dream still playing in his eyes. He took a deep breath and looked over at his sleeping wife, Shweta. Then, he sighed and closed his eyes, but couldn’t fall asleep. Shweta woke up at that instant and smiled at Rehan, until she noticed the frown on his face.

“Was it her again?” she asked. Rehan nodded. Shweta knew about Disha, and that Rehan would never be able to forget her; other women would have been jealous, but Shweta only looked at her sad husband with love and leaned closer.

“Come on, get ready. Let’s go for our morning walk,” she simply said. Rehan obeyed and began to get ready while Shweta changed into sweats. The two set out into the early morning. All the while, Rehan talked, and Shweta listened patiently. Such was their relationship; they weren’t just a husband and wife, but also best friends. Perhaps, this was why Rehan had married Shweta six years after Disha’s death.

When they got back to their huge house, Shweta began to make breakfast while Rehan readied for work.

“Fahad! Come on sweetie, get up!” Shweta called to her son.

“Fahad! Get up or you won’t get any breakfast!” a sleepy, 22 year old Fahad heard his mother call from downstairs. He groaned and put a pillow over his face as he buried deeper into his comforter, trying to drown out his mother’s voice. He closed his eyes, and thought of nothing but sleep, but his mother then came into his room. She took hold of his comforter and wrenched it away from him.

“Mooom! It’s only 10:30 in the morning,” Fahad whined as he covered his body with pillows just to remain warm.

“Get up. It’s getting late,” his mother said nevertheless. Fahad whined louder and took his comforter back.

“Fine! Then don’t come to me later for breakfast. You can go buy some,” his mother crossed her arms and turned around. Fahad moaned but got up, pushing his hair out of his green eyes; he looked out sleepily at his mother, and then smiled.

“Fine! Make me some of your special waffles and I’ll be ready in fifteen minutes, tops,” he said. Shweta smiled at her young son and walked out the bedroom, leaving Fahad to himself. She went downstairs and turned the waffle iron on and began to mix a few more ingredients into the waffle mix. True to his word, Fahad thumped down to the kitchen fifteen minutes later, whistling loudly. He stepped into the kitchen and let the smell of waffles baking overtake him.

“Ah! Mmm! My favorite,” Fahan rubbed his belly and smacked his lips like a little child would for a piece of chocolate.

“You’re never going to grow up are you?” Shweta asked laughing. Fahad shook his head in response.

“Nah, I’m the baby of the house,” he joked.

“Mhhm, but I’m Mom’s favorite son,” a deep voice said from behind. Fahad rolled his eyes.

“Keep dreaming Gauhar,” he said to his 24-year-old brother. A handsome young man sat down in the chair next to Fahad.

“Waffles again? What, allergic to everything else?” Gauhar teased his little brother. Fahad raised his eyebrows.

“Hey, waffles and me, we go a long way!” he said in defense. Gauhar laughed and stood up. He went over to his mother and gave her a warm hug.

“My my, Mom. You look awfully sexy in those sweats today,” he said comically. Shweta playfully hit her elder son.

“Don’t try to flirt with me. Where have you been since last night?” she demanded.

“Uhh, at, uhhh, for the, oh yea! I was studying for my finals!” Gauhar exclaimed. Shweta’s mouth twitched as she waited for the truth.

“Oh fine! I went to a party at a friend’s house, and then it got late, so I just spent the night at his place,” Gauhar said.

“Ok. Just next time, tell me or your father. I don’t know what to do with you two. Both are party animals,” Shweta sighed dramatically.

“We might be, but I’m the more responsible one,” Fahad said out of nowhere.

“Yea ok. You’re really responsible, Fahad. You’re so responsible, you can’t even get up for college in the morning. Mom has to wake you up,” Gauhar said sarcastically. Fahad glared at him.

“Yes well, I’m cuter. I have green eyes,” Fahad said with a smug look.

“News flash, I have green eyes too, dummy,” Gauhar said back.

“Yea well,” but Fahad didn’t continue any further; he knew he wasn’t going to win a comeback fight with this brother. Instead, Fahad smiled, got up, and exchanged a high five, before thumping him on the back.

“So, Mr. Lawyer, what are the plans for you today? Actually going to sit down and study for your finals?” he asked.

“Make that Mr. Lawyer-To-Be. I’ve still got a year ahead of me. But for right now, I’m gonna eat. Mom, can you please make me some blueberry pancakes? You know I dislike waffles,” Gauhar said politely. The mother nodded and went back to making breakfast.

“Eww, who likes blueberry pancakes? They taste so yucky!” Fahad wrinkled his nose.

“Eww, who likes lumpy waffles? They taste so gross,” Gauhar said, starting yet another argument. Pretty soon, Shweta was laughing away as she listened to the verbal war between her two children.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#3)
Amanush...
Tanhaa Raahi
Amanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comAmanush... is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

18th May 2006, 02:23 AM

Even after death, I will always love thee ---

Really, a cute little poem...! I love the rhyme !

About the story..., I am sure it will be one of your best...!
So make sure to continue, ok...Little Girl ?

All the best

Amanspeare

Jeene ke liye mujhe ek sapna dedo
Haqeekat meri jaaN liye jaa rahi hai

Send a message via Yahoo to Amanush... Send a message via MSN to Amanush...  
Old
  (#4)
karthik
karthik has a spectacular aura aboutkarthik has a spectacular aura about

19th May 2006, 12:34 AM

Even after death, I will always love thee

hey dear...
its wonderful...the poem is really good...n i also read the first chapter...the flow is nice...comin back to the poem...i loved the rhyme...n also the words...they r so soft n simple...no complications...jus so pure...like u
keep writin
i am waitin...this time...
take care

Karthik
Chaandni mere pyaar ki kyun uspar na rang laayi
Kyun bas kami hi meri ibaadat me usko nazar aayi
Thaa laakh bura sahi main. sacchi meri chaahat thi
Kyun meri bhaavnaon ko woh samajh nahi paayi...

Dekhna chahta hun..
Tere tasveer ko khwab banake dekhna chahta hun
Aur us khwab mein apne aap ko khona chahta hun

I envy the words, which took the form of my emotions
I love my poetry…
Which has turned the tears of pain in to the pearls of love…

Old
  (#5)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

25th May 2006, 01:35 AM

Together Always: Chapter 2

“Shweta! I need you to knot my tie,” Rehan called while fiddling with one of his many ties. Shweta came in smiling and shook her head.

“Honestly, what is it with men and not knowing how to wear a tie? This should be a natural thing for you,” she said as she adjusted the tie around Rehan’s collar and knotted it gracefully.

“Well, if you think about it, it brings our wives closer to us,” Rehan joked. Shweta raised an eyebrow as she swept a hairbrush through Rehan’s hair.

“Ah, you’re growing older. See, that’s seven white hairs I can see clearly now,” she said.

“Well, I can’t stay beautiful like you forever,” Rehan sighed.

“OK, we’re all ready. Let me just change and you can drop me off to work. My car is at the garage,” Shweta said just as there was a knock on the door. Fahad came in.

“Hey Dad, not a bad tie there. Mom, you’re gonna go in those sweats?” Fahad asked.

“Obviously not. I’m going to change into regular pants,” Shweta said. Fahad and Rehan shook their heads.

“You should wear--”

“A sari,” Fahad finished for his father. Rehan smiled with a twinkle. Shweta went to her closet and took out a simple sari.

“Well Dad, while Mom is not in the room right now, can I have some money before she can yell at me for wasting so much?” Fahad asked sheepishly.

“Sure, but remember, not a word to your mother about this,” Rehan said, putting some money in Fahad’s coat pocket. Fahad smiled and walked out the room.

The next morning, Rehan’s heart stopped working in his sleep. He was rushed to the hospital and fortunately, was saved. Upon getting just a little better, Rehan discharged himself from the hospital and went home, causing Shweta to worry even more.

“If you had stayed in the hospital for a few more days, it would have been easier to monitor your health,” she reasoned.

“Shweta, you know why it happened. I don’t think medicine can help that. She just won’t leave me alone,” Rehan muttered.

Gauhar and his mother waited anxiously in the psychologist’s office until two people, one young and the other elderly, came in.

“Well, I have Mr. Sanjhwani’s case, and to be perfectly honest with you, I had not thought that the memories would last this long. At least, I had hoped they wouldn’t, so I guess, that yes, it’s time for some action,” the elder doctor addressed Shweta.

“So, my newest volunteer, Miss Layiba Finnegan will take your case, and we will see what happens. She is still in college, but needs the experience; hopefully, we can find some way to cure the problem,” the man gestured to the young woman behind him. The woman came forward, and shook Shweta’s hand.

“Hello, how are you today?” Layiba said to Gauhar as she shook his hand too.

“You’re beautiful,” Gauhar breathed, spellbound by Layiba’s beauty.

Fahad and his best friend, Sonalika, were sitting near the soccer field of Brandeis University; Fahad was trying to make Sonalika laugh when a young man jogged towards them.

“Sonalika, we need to talk,” the man said, taking a hold of Sonalika’s arm. Sonalika didn’t budge.

“Listen buddy, you had better let go of her right now,” Fahad said, standing up to meet the man in the eye.

“Oh, what, now I’m not even allowed to touch my girlfriend? Or is she cheating on me with you?” the man said angrily.

“Sonalika is like a sister to me, get that in your thick head, you dimwit,” Fahad said through clenched teeth.

“A sister huh? Well, why don’t you allow your sister to come with me? I mean, I have a right over her too,” Sonalika’s boyfriend said back.

“Sonalika, go with him,” Fahad said quietly. Sonalika frowned but did as he told. Pretty soon, Fahad could hear the shouting very clearly although he was a good distance away.

“Hey! Get away from her. There’s no need to fight,” Fahad pushed the other man away.

“Don’t you dare touch me,” the man pushed Fahad back harder, and said something that made Fahad’s blood run wild.

“Vivek, Fahad, no!” Sonalika said helplessly, but Fahad didn’t listen. He pushed Vivek again, and this time, Vivek fell to the ground. He swore, got up, and punched Fahad. Fahad staggered, but then punched Vivek’s face, which left a bloody nose. Pretty soon, Fahad and Vivek were fighting while Sonalika was screaming as others watched.

“Yo! Get off each other,” a woman finally shouted. She came and kicked both boys with her high-heeled boots. Then men yelled in pain and drew apart. Fahad wiped his bloody eyebrow and Vivek tried to stop the bleeding from his own nose.

“Honestly! What is it with you men and fighting all the time? Can’t a college day go by without a fight?!? You’re all stupid, fighting over the littlest things! Who the hell do you think you are anyways? Stupid thugs,” Layiba shouted furiously at the boys. Fights happened between people in Brandeis almost regularly, and she was sick of it. The two boys just stared at her, embarrassed.

“WHAT? Have nothing to say?? Seriously, don’t you have a brain? And if you do, learn how to use it! Fighting, fighting, fighting, you’re all good for nothings you--”

“You’re beautiful,” Fahad breathed, spellbound by Layiba’s beauty.

To Be Continued...

keep supporting....btw, am i going too fast or somethng?

Old
  (#6)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

27th May 2006, 03:45 AM

Together Always: Chapter 3

The birds twittered in the midmorning as Layiba knocked on the Sanjhwanis’ front door, taking a deep breath and getting ready for her first case. She adjusted her mini skirt and straightened her hat and top. Shweta opened the door and with a smile, welcomed Layiba in.

“Hello. How are you?” she asked.

“Umm, to be very honest, very nervous,” Layiba replied.

“There’s no need to be nervous. Come on, let me make you some breakfast and then you can go meet Rehan,” Shweta said warmly.

“No, thank you, Mrs. Sanjhwani. I already had breakfast,” Layiba politely declined.

“Ok, as long as you call me Shweta, and not Mrs. Sanjhwani,” Shweta said. Layiba smiled and nodded. Shweta led her to Rehan’s study, where Rehan had been resting. She wished her good luck and walked away, confident that Layiba was the key.

Layiba softly knocked on the door and walked in timidly, but as she got closer to the old man, a sense of comfort overtook her and she began to feel right at home. Rehan was reading a newspaper, his glasses propped almost to the tip of his nose; he didn’t notice Layiba.

“Umm, Mr. Sanjhwani?” Layiba said. Rehan held up a hand to quiet her and kept reading. Then, he closed the newspaper, and took his glasses off, massaging his eyes. He turned around, still not looking at Layiba and started making a cup of coffee.

“Hello, why are you here?” he asked.

“Well, actually, that is for me to know and you to find out,” Layiba said. She sensed if she told her reason, Rehan would not be able to get comfortable.

“Hmm, a smart aleck huh? Come on, tell me,” Rehan said, stirring the coffee.

“Nah, not a smart aleck. I just wanted to talk to you about something. But, I think that is only possible if you turn around,” Layiba implied. Rehan let out a short laugh and slowly turned around with the cup of coffee in his hand. The twinkle in his eyes was gone shortly when his eyes landed upon Layiba. He dropped the cup, which shattered and spilled its contents on the spaciously carpeted floor.

“Sir, are you alright?” Layiba asked uncertainly. Rehan was still staring at her, and it was getting a bit uncomfortable.

“D-D-Disha?” he choked out and fell to the floor as his legs lost the power to help him stand up.

Rehan opened his eyes and saw Shweta wiping his sweaty forehead with a cool cloth. He smiled, and began to get up, but was unable to. He moved his legs, but didn’t feel anything. With worry, he looked at Shweta, who stared back at him with confused eyes.

“What’s wrong?” she asked him.

“I-I can’t move my legs. I don’t feel anything there,” Rehan said. Shweta’s eyes grew wide with fear.

“Shweta, do me a favor, hit my legs as hard as you can,” Rehan ordered. Shweta nodded and punched Rehan’s legs; Rehan didn’t even wince.

“I…can’t feel anything,” he said.

“We need to get you to a doctor then,” Shweta said, scared at what was happening to her husband. Rehan stood up, and then fell back down.

“I can’t walk,” he said, panting.

The next day, Layiba went inside the Sanjhwanis’ residence with fear of Rehan’s reaction when he would see her again. She knocked on Rehan’s bedroom door and went in, finding Shweta there with Rehan in a wheelchair.

“Hello. How are you feeling today, Mr. Sanjhwani?” Layiba asked uncertainly. Rehan didn’t look at her; instead, he gave Shweta a knowing look, and then closed his eyes.

“He’s not ready to talk today. Would you mind coming back later?” Shweta asked. Layiba shook her head and walked out.

“Alright, tell me. Why do you not want to talk to Layiba? She’s here to help you, honey,” Shweta said to Rehan. Rehan looked down at his hands.

“She reminds me of Disha,” he said simply. Shweta grew surprised.

“What? How?” she asked. Shweta had never known Disha personally, but of all that Rehan had told her about Disha, made Shweta feel as if she had known Disha all her life. And so Rehan told her.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#7)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

18th January 2007, 05:33 AM

well wel well, am bac after a looooooong time...i guess life kept me busy, and made me stray frm writing this novel. but am bac again, this time to hopefully finish it before my inpsiration runs out

i hope that whoever reads this enjoys it, and if not, then please do tell what u dont like, and how i can improve it...

thanx and take care

Old
  (#8)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

18th January 2007, 05:41 AM

Chapter 4

Layiba browsed Rehan’s study quickly, looking for anything that would be of some help in the case. She went through the drawers, but didn’t find anything. Then, some instinct told her to look down under the dresser, and there, she found a black diary, dusty, but in good condition. I’ll take this with me and read it at home. Right now, I have to go to that stupid Salina’s party, Layiba decided. She put the diary in her purse, brushed some of the dirt off her pants and walked out the house, making a mental note to tell Shweta and Rehan she had taken the diary, later.

Gauhar and Fahad were lounging lazily at the bar inside a friend’s house. Fahad took a little sip of beer, choked, and spit it out. Gauhar laughed.

“Oh yeah? Well, let’s see you try it then. Your turn now,” Fahad said, challenging.

“Hah! You know better than to bet with me. Cough up the money too, because I’m gonna down this beer in less than a minute,” Gauhar said. He brought the drink to his mouth and took a big gulp. He smiled, drank the whole can, and then threw up near a trash can.

“Oh my God. I don’t know why people drink, that tasted like dog urine,” Gauhar made a face as he took a breath mint to try and get the taste out of his mouth. Fahad laughed hysterically.

“So, who’s coughing up the money now?” he said as Gauhar handed over fifty dollars, with a sour face.

“Hey sweetie. How are ya? I didn’t see you come in,” a young woman came up behind Fahad and gave him a hug. Fahad rolled his eyes.

“Oh hi, uhh, Sabrina?” he said. Gauhar made a choking sound.

“No honey, my name is Salina,” the woman said, irritated. Then, she put a smile on her face and turned towards Gauhar.

“Hey, how have you been?” Gauhar asked, giving her a hug. Salina smiled and began to talk about her musings while Fahad made faces behind her back. Finally, Salina left them alone.

“Oooh, Salina and Gauhar sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G” Fahad sang the annoying first grade rhyme. Gauhar raised his left eyebrow.

“You’re lucky I brought you here. Don’t make me regret it. Plus, Salina is an idiot, and you know I don’t date idiots, unlike some people here,” he said sarcastically.

“Jerk,” Fahad said quietly.

“Same to you,” Gauhar said as he scanned the party room with a bored expression. Then, he spotted someone he had not expected. He kept an eye on the woman the whole time. Fahad seemed to be doing the same.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” both said at the same time, mesmerized.

“I think I’m in love,” both said, again at the same time. This time, Fahad turned to Gauhar with an incredulous look.

“What!?!” he yelped. Gauhar blinked at him.

“Like I said, I think I’m in love,” he said.

“Wait, wait, wait. You’re in love? Lawyers don’t fall in love. It is completely against their nature,” Fahad said, not believing his older brother.

“Shut up. Yes I’m in love…with that beautiful young woman over there,” Gauhar pointed to the girl.

“OK, as long as it’s sisterly love, because you’re talking about your future bhabhi,” Fahad said, using the Hindi word for sister-in-law. Gauhar turned towards him.

“No. We’re talking about your future bhabhi,” Gauhar explained, putting emphasis on ‘your’. Fahad raised his eyebrows.

“You’re drunk,” he said.

“Nope, you are,” Gauhar shot back.

“Well guess what! I’m gonna go up to her right now and ask her out,” Fahad said as he ran towards the woman; Gauhar ran after him. Both reached their destination at the same time.

“Hi Layiba!” Fahad said with a charming smile. Layiba glared at him with anger.

“Hello Layiba,” Gauhar said with a flirtive flair. Layiba smiled at him warmly.

Chapter 5

“How’s it going?” Gauhar asked comfortably, while Fahad frowned.

“Oh, not bad. Just got here a few minutes ago from your house,” Layiba said casually. Fahad grew surprised and he threw a questioning look at Gauhar.

“At my place? Oh, you must have been there to meet with my Dad, right?” Gauhar confirmed as Layiba nodded.

“So uh, I never expected to see you at this party,” Fahad eased into the conversation.

“Well, I never expected to see you here either,” Layiba replied coldly.

“You two know each other already?” Gauhar asked, beginning to get worried.

“Yes, this person here is a troublemaker in college. He was just in a fight two days ago,” Layiba informed.

“Oh really? Hmm, that must explain the scar on his left eyebrow,” Gauhar said while Fahad’s eyes grew wide.

“Well, ok, so it was one fight. There are fights everyday. Whatever happened, happened. I think it’s time to forget it and shake hands on a truce,” Fahad said, holding out his right hand.

“Hmm, alright. I don’t know why I’m doing this, but ok. You’re off the hook,” Layiba said after a while. She shook Fahad’s hand, and let go, although Fahad’s fingers tightened around hers.

“So, you two are friends?” Layiba asked Gauhar.

“Well, actually, he’s my little brother, but we’re just like close friends,” Gauhar clarified. Layiba nodded.

“So, uhh, Layiba, want to dance with me?” Gauhar asked courteously.

“Of course. You seem like a good dancer,” Layiba said.

“Well, I’m better than Fahad. I can tell you that,” Gauhar said as Layiba giggled. Gauhar took the young woman into his arms and swept her away, while Fahad watched with a glare.

“Hmm, I guess, I should go find a new love then. Layiba’s already taken,” Fahad sighed and searched for a cute girl to dance with.

Later that night, Layiba tossed and turned in her bed, trying to go to sleep, but the feeling that she had forgotten to do something never left her mind. She finally got up, picked up her purse from the bedside table, and took her cell phone out, checking the calendar.

“Hmm, I have nothing written down for today, so what am I forgetting?” she asked herself. She began to rummage through her purse for pieces of paper that would have some schedule on them, and then her hands felt something. A rush of warmth filled her hands as she grasped the object, and pulled it out.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#9)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

22nd January 2007, 03:23 AM

Chapter 6

“Mr. Sanjhwani’s diary,” Layiba whispered to herself as she felt the smooth surface of the notebook. She turned her light on, and opened the diary, beginning to read.

February 1, 2003
I finally talked to her today, after just staring at her for the few months since I’ve moved here to Shrewsbury. She dropped her books, and me, being the typical nice kid, leapt to the chance of picking them up for her. When I did, she smiled!, and this weird feeling overtook my body, making me feel so happy.
“Are you new?” she asked me; I nodded.
“That’s why I didn’t recognize your face. I’m Disha, by the way,” she replied.
“I know. I’m Rehan,” I said back, blushing as she looked at me straight in the eye.
“Thank you. Everyone in this school is too hurried to pick books up, no matter how popular you are. Watch, a group of guys are going to come to me right now, and apologize for not making it on time to pick up my books,” Disha said, and she was right. I was amazed to see the guys acting like dogs in front of her, but pretty soon, she told them off, nicely.
“Well, I have to get to class, so I’ll talk to you later,” Disha said as she smiled and went her own way. I just stood there, frozen. I couldn’t believe it! My crush talked to me! There were other girls in my life, but Disha, there was something about her, something that attracted me with a great force. With every other girl, I could flirt and talk to easily, but Disha, she made me speechless.

February 14, 2003
I gave Disha a rose today, and she took it with a smile. I don’t know what that means, because I don’t want to get happy too soon. Anyways, she got roses and presents from others guys too, so to her, it must have just meant a simple friendship gift.
But, we talk more now, and I grow more and more comfortable, although less confident. I don’t want anything to break the relationship we already had.
Another thing, we hang out more and more often. Mum noticed a change in my attitude and talking. She told me she was happy to see me return back to normal, because the whole time she was worried the stupid move had made me sad. It had, but only for a few days, until I saw Disha. Then, I knew, there is always something to smile for, even if your close friends live hundreds of miles away.

March 27, 2003
I’ve been so busy, with football and all. But even so, I find enough time to talk to Disha. She’s so awesome! I’m finally beginning to know her more, and its just so…exciting. I know, I sound a bit obsessed, but, I think I love her…I’ve written so much for her, but I don’t know if I will ever be able to show her any of it…
But today, she looked beautiful. The garba was mad fun, and she was there, in a white churidaar, looking like a sweet angel. Everyone was giving her compliments, except me.
“What’s wrong? You haven’t talked much today,” she said, coming over to me. I blushed and looked down at my sleeves.
“Nothing, I’ve just been watching you,” I said. She gave me a peculiar look.
“Why?” she asked.
“You look beautiful tonight,” I said to her. She smiled and ruffled my hair. I rolled my eyes.
“You know I hate it when you do that,” I said, annoyed. She laughed and ruffled my hair more.
“And you know I hate it that your hair brushes your shoulders since it’s so long,” she said.
“But it looks nice,” I argued.
“Yea, nice, but I think you need to shorten it a little,” Disha reprimanded.
“Fine, I will, before summer arrives,” I promised. Disha ruffled my hair again, watching me as I fumed. I grabbed a hold of her, but she wriggled away.
“Hey, remember, the boys have to be nice tonight. It’s a garba; the uncles and aunties will kill you,” Disha joked. I rolled my eyes, and took her hand to show I didn’t care, just as an Auntie came up from behind and swatted my hand away.
“Just what is going on here?” she said in Hindi, crossing her arms. Disha smiled mischievously and went over to the Auntie, hugging her.
“Nothing Auntie. It’s just that your nephew won’t leave me alone,” she said. I shot a mean look at her, knowing I was going to get a lecture now. Auntie took me by the ear and pulled me towards her, as I winced.
“Be nice today, got it? Or your Dad will hear about this,” Auntie said, smiling. I put my hands together to say sorry, and moved away. Man, these women, when they team up, they can get pretty scary!

Layiba stopped reading as the words faded away into the paper. It seemed as if something had spilled on the rest of the entry, frustrating Layiba, for she had wanted to read more. She turned the pages, and skimmed through some of the writing. Up until June, the diary was filled with information about school and other friends.

May 28, 2003
Disha adjusted her capris as she sat by Carbuncle Lake, and smiled at me. I looked back at her with an intent gaze.
“So how come you’ve brought me here today?” Disha asked. I plucked a flower from the ground and handed it to her.
“Just wanted to talk to you about something,” I said back, letting the suspense within her heighten.
“Well, come on, tell me,” she said impatiently. I grinned and watched her fidget; I knew she hated it when people prolonged something they wanted to say.
“Ok, but only if you promise to treat me to ice-cream later,” I said.
“Ok. I’ll treat you, but you will pay for it,” her smile reached her brown eyes. I wrapped an arm around her, and she smiled wider, hitting her head gently against my chest.
“Ok, tell me!” she demanded while staring at the ripples in the water.
“Well, see the thing is, I have this friend, and he really likes this girl. Only, the problem is, he doesn’t know how to tell her, because he’s a bit afraid he’ll ruin their friendship. So, he builds up confidence everyday, but then, when he sees the girl, he loses it all. It all just goes down the drain. So, tell me, what should I tell him?” I asked casually, trying to make the story seem real.
“Well tell your friend, that he should go tell the girl,” Disha said slowly.
“Are you sure?”
“Yea, completely. He should go tell her just like you should tell me and ask me out,” Disha said, biting her lower lip. I blinked, and stopped breathing for a second.
“Do you mean? You knew?” I asked, flabbergasted. Disha smiled.
“Yes, now hurry up and ask me before I let some other boy ask me out,” she said softly.
“Well, will you go out with me?” I asked, with renewed confidence. And in response, she smiled, closed her eyes, and leaned against me.
Oh, I’m in heaven!

The words again blurred on the page, but this time, Layiba’s eyes were getting tired. She opened her eyes wider to focus on the page, but it wasn’t working. Instead, she put the diary on her bedside table and went to sleep.

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#10)
astha
not a shayar
astha is a jewel in the roughastha is a jewel in the roughastha is a jewel in the rough

24th January 2007, 05:39 PM

Even after death, I will always love thee --Warda

beautiful poem warda .. luvd evry bit of ur novel uptil now

astha

i m an angel honest ...those horns are just there 2 hold my halo up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: