Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Informative Stories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
gjgjgj

25th March 2001, 10:26 AM

Hi all
So we are nearing another year end as per hindu mythology we are to start afresh with ugadi.hope I won't bore u with all the thoughts that are
passing through my mind.

So what is the meaning of the word ugadi.In sanskrit it is YUGA + ADI meaning beginning of a new era.On this auspicious day people eat jaggery and neem leaves as a mark of both happiness and sorrow so that both are
taken equally.but why?? Shouldn't the life be full of happiness?? No we come to know the value of happiness only when we have passed thru a state of
dificulty.for a student who has put real effort in studying is the reward when he gets good marks.Same applies for life also..It is just like alternate cycles of both so that when each comes we are reminded about the
effort that had put for it..

When we refer back to our Mythology it is clearly said that lord Brahma started the creation of this universe on this auspicious day CHAITRA SHUDHA PADYAMI.also according to the great mathematician BHASKARACHARYA from the sunrise on the day of ugadi the new year, new day and new month begins.also ugadi marks the onset of spring the beginning of new life with plants
(which are barren till now) acquring leaves.The verdant meadows signifies growth prosperity and well being.

As per the saying "KAALE GACHATI KREEDATYAGAHA" meaning time runs like anything when the celebrations of last ugadi is still afreash in our mind we are on the verge of a new UGADI.is time so volatile that it vapours
away with such a speed.no it is our inertia which makes us think like this.last year I made several resolutions and when I look back at the results I am very much disappointed to see that it is not satisfactory..so once
again it is time to renew the resolutions but this time with the positive attitude that we will shred all our inertia and we will definitely achieve it.....

SO HAPPY UGADI TO EVERYONE AND
LET EVERYBODY"S RESOLUTION COME TRUE
Ashwin
(snashwin@yahoo.com)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: