Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Inspiring Stories

True Love
Old
  (#1)
talkingeyes
talkingeyes is just really nicetalkingeyes is just really nicetalkingeyes is just really nicetalkingeyes is just really nice

Love True Love - 21st June 2002, 11:50 AM

The passengers on the bus watched sympathetically as the attractive young woman with the white cane made her way carefully up the steps. She paid the driver and, using her hands to feel the location of the seats, walked down the aisle and found the seat he'd told her was empty. Then she settled in, placed her briefcase on her lap and rested her cane against her leg.

It had been a year since Susan, thirty-four, became blind. Due to a medical misdiagnosis, she had been rendered sightless, and she was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness, anger, frustration and self-pity. Once a fiercely independent woman, Susan now felt condemned by this terrible twist of fate to become a powerless, helpless burden on everyone around her. "How could this have happened to me?" she would plead, her heart knotted with anger. But no matter how much she cried or ranted or prayed, she knew the painful truth-her sight was never going to return. A cloud of depression hung over Susan's once optimistic spirit. Just getting through each day was an exercise in frustration and exhaustion. And all she had to cling to was her husband Mark.

Mark was an Air Force officer, and he loved Susan with all of his heart. When she first lost her sight, he watched her sink into despair and was determined to help his wife gain the strength and confidence she needed to become independent again. Mark's military background had trained him well to deal with sensitive situations, and yet he knew this was the most difficult battle he would ever face.

Finally, Susan felt ready to return to her job, but how would she get there? She used to take the bus, but was now too frightened to get around the city by herself. Mark volunteered to drive her to work each day, even though they worked at opposite ends of the city. At first, this comforted Susan and fulfilled Mark's need to protect his sightless wife who was so insecure about performing the slightest task. Soon, however, Mark realized that this arrangement wasn't working - it was hectic, and costly. Susan is going to have to start taking the bus again, he admitted to himself. But just the thought of mentioning it to her made him cringe. She was still so fragile, so angry. How would she react?

Just as Mark predicted, Susan was horrified at the idea of taking the bus again. "I'm blind!" she responded bitterly. "How am I supposed to know where I'm going? I feel like you're abandoning me." Mark's heart broke to hear these words, but he knew what had to be done. He promised Susan that each morning and evening he would ride the bus with her, for as long as it took, until she got the hang of it. And that is exactly what happened.

For two solid weeks, Mark, military uniform and all, accompanied Susan to and from work each day. He taught her how to rely on her other senses, specifically her hearing, to determine where she was and how to adapt to her new environment. He helped her befriend the bus drivers who could watch out for her, and save her a seat. He made her laugh, even on those not-so-good days when she would trip exiting the bus, or drop her briefcase. Each morning, they made the journey together, and Mark would take a cab back to his office. Although this routine was even more costly and exhausting than the previous one, Mark knew it was only a matter of time before Susan would be able to ride the bus on her own. He believed in her, in the Susan he used to know before she'd lost her sight, who wasn't afraid of any challenge and who would never, ever quit. Finally, Susan decided that she was ready to try the trip on her own. Monday morning arrived, and before she left, she threw her arms around Mark, her temporary bus riding companion, her husband, and her best friend. Her eyes filled with tears of gratitude for his loyalty, his patience, his love. She said good-bye, and for the first time, they went their separate ways. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...Each day on her own went perfectly, and Susan had never felt better. She was doing it! She was going to work all by herself!

On Friday morning, Susan took the bus to work as usual. As she was paying for her fare to exit the bus, the driver said, "Boy, I sure envy you." Susan wasn't sure if the driver was speaking to her or not. After all, who on earth would ever envy a blind woman who had struggled just to find the courage to live for the past year? Curious, she asked the driver, "Why do you say that you envy me?" The driver responded, "It must feel so good to be taken care of and protected like you are." Susan had no idea what the driver was talking about, and asked again, "What do you mean?" The driver answered, "You know, every morning for the past week, a fine looking gentleman in a military uniform has been standing across the corner watching you when you get off the bus. He makes sure you cross the street safely, and he watches you until you enter your office building. Then he blows you a kiss, gives you a little salute and walks away. You are one lucky lady."

Tears of happiness poured down Susan's cheeks. For although she couldn't physically see him, she had always felt Mark's presence. She was blessed, so blessed, for he had given her a gift more powerful than sight, a gift she didn't need to see to believe - the gift of love that can bring light where there had been darkness.

God watches over us in just the same way. We may not know He is present. We may not be able to see His face, but He is there nonetheless!

My Wish For You Today!
Is To Be blessed in this thought:
"God Loves You - even when you are not looking

Journey to Heart
  Send a message via Yahoo to talkingeyes  
True Love - Reply
Old
  (#2)
kanchirk
Good Guys Get Good Gals ?
kanchirk is on a distinguished road

True Love - Reply - 22nd June 2002, 07:14 PM

Dear Dear

I Loved the story U have posted.

Truly It reflects the essence of Life.

My regards

Keep Posting such good stories

Bye and Have a good time

Luv

Kaarkey
  Send a message via Yahoo to kanchirk  
hi, thanks for posting this here, means a lot
Old
  (#3)
Ishiqka
Ishiqka
Ishiqka is on a distinguished road

hi, thanks for posting this here, means a lot - 7th January 2003, 10:55 AM

hi, how are u?

greatly written. unknown words to describe, yet still undescribable. love is forever, if its today than it will be tomorrow. one should find the other's beauty inside, not outside.take care please
ishiqka
p.s keep on writing, u r wonderful!

Jee rahe hai kaise ye hum hi jaane

hi
Old
  (#4)
romana
romana will become famous soon enough

hi - 14th January 2003, 05:24 PM

vow

its a really nice and touvhy story it really touched the bottom of my heard

keep posting stories like this one
taek care
bye

Old
  (#5)
Ursfoeva
DiL
Ursfoeva will become famous soon enough

11th March 2003, 03:21 AM

hi.. this is a very true story, and i read it be4 too. i'd like to thank u for sharing, as i was jus going to post this same story..
god is alwayz there, even though you are not looking,
keep bringing such great stories to this site,
luv riddhi..

dont frown, u never know whoz falling in love with ur smile :)

Re: True Love
Old
  (#6)
shivangdesai78
shivangdesai78 is on a distinguished road

Cool Re: True Love - 22nd March 2003, 11:21 PM

Didi, your story is just great like you....Keep writing more stories like this.........I love you....Shivang...

mind blowing
Old
  (#7)
meena chheda
meena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to behold

mind blowing - 5th May 2003, 08:27 PM

nanu maasi,
excellent maasi.it is an amazing story,a mind blowing one
ever your's
foram

bahot khub nanu,
mere paas alfaaz nahi hai is pyaar ke aagae.
didi

wow.......beautifull !!
Old
  (#8)
palash_das
ek hara hua premi
palash_das is on a distinguished road

wow.......beautifull !! - 16th January 2004, 09:53 PM

Shalu ,

I knew u r the best . Par nahi janta tha ke tum itni khubsurat ho . Ye story bata raha hay ke tum bahot khubsurat bhi ho . Ki batau yaar.........tumharey jo bhi kuchh parta huun , mere aank se ansu nikal ata hay .

It' wonderfull...............Truely wonderfull .

GOD bless you .

I don't need a signature to identify myself because mere sabhi dosto mujhe mere swabhav se pahchante hay......still for people who don't know me.........recognise me as........LOVER OF THE ONE WHO LOVES TO MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE HEART WHICH KNOWS HOW TO LOVE.
  Send a message via Yahoo to palash_das  
Old
  (#9)
ummehani
ummehani is on a distinguished road

6th February 2004, 05:11 PM

Its truly wonderful story, I wish we would get such loving parteners in ur lives too. Aaj tau mohobbat ko samajhne wale hi itne kam hai duniya mein fir aage ki sochna hi kya. Waise its the best eample of love and loyalty- Your Story.
Good Luck and best wishes.

Sentimental Girl
  Send a message via Yahoo to ummehani  
Old
  (#10)
vvenomouss
Ek Baar Kaho Tum Meri Ho
vvenomouss will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up 8th March 2004, 03:48 AM

Hi...
yess,,, bahut hi achi aur REAL LOVE thi...
Pyaar aisa hi hota hai...
very nice... It touched my heart...

Hawadis se ulajh kar muskurana meri fitrat hai --- Mujhe naakaamoin par ashk barsaana nahin aata
  Send a message via Yahoo to vvenomouss  
Old
  (#11)
Parul
Parul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the rough

18th July 2005, 10:51 PM

very touching..... and very true!