Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Inspiring Stories

Thoughts Unbound
Old
  (#1)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

Thoughts Unbound - 24th January 2005, 04:50 AM

Hi Friends,

My First few thoughts

Around 2500 years ago a man set out on a journey In Search of the truth. That man was Gautam Buddha. He found his enlightenment finally while sitting under a tree. Today I have embarked In Search of my truth – The truth of my life. Hopefully the day this journey ends I would have found the answers to the questions that linger in my thoughts and would be able to rest in peace.

I am starting this thread for myself so that I can comeback to my thoughts whenever I want. As you know our mind is like a nuclear bomb. There is always some kind of a chain reaction of thoughts that occur. You remember it for a fraction of a second and then they get lost forever. There are times when we learn things in life and we often tend to forget what we learn. But i have a very bad habit of writing whatever is there in my mind and whatever i have learn't so that i can comebacck to it in future.

This thread is like my diary. I will keep writing whatever i feel like over here and so would also like others who want to share their views on all sorts of topics and stories to post without any hesitation. Like always there is no restriction to posting your views on what I write here.

Hope it inspires some hope it gives somebody hope and hope you find it worthy the time you spend reading it. Or atleast hope it helps you to channel your anger be it thru cursing this post.

Hope...

Thanks
Rohin

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts

Last edited by Rohin; 24th January 2005 at 04:54 AM..

Life
Old
  (#2)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

Life - 24th January 2005, 05:01 AM

LIFE

‘Life’ a 4-letter word, it isn’t as simple as that, is It.? It has more depth; more meaning than this 4-letter word portrays. What does life mean and what it stands for has different connotations for everybody

For some life is like a roller coaster having lots of ups and downs. For some life is like an ocean where we try and keep sailing till we reach our destination - the shore. For some life is like a road through the forest, where the path may be sometimes clear and sometimes thorny and unknown. For some life is about choices, some easy and some not so easy.

All these comparisons drawn about life are so true for the person who undergoes through these feelings. They may not seem the same for the other person. Some go through a great deal of hardship during their lifetime and some have it quiet comfortable and some live like kings. Each one sees life in a different light and experiences different shades of life.

Life for a human being begins when the seeds of its existence are laid in the mother’s womb. There the child learns its first lessons about life. It takes 9 months for the birth of the baby. Finally the baby comes out of its protective shell. The Baby is not aware of the challenges he would have to face to survive in this world. He has to learn them as he grows up.

The transformation from a baby to an infant teaches the baby a lot of things. He learns to walk, to talk and what not. . During these formative years a baby experiences a lot of changes and becomes aware of its surroundings. The journey from a baby to an infant is a journey full of discoveries.

Like a butterfly flying, seems like magic. Chasing the butterfly around the park and never getting tired of it. Every sound we hear amazes us. All seems so much fun. There is nothing good or bad. Such carefree life, so innocent, no inhibitions and no prejudice, wish we were always like that.

This reminds me of a story which I was told by a teacher of mine. The story goes like this:
[I]A small boy saw something outside his room window. Seeing the object he jumps with joy and yell’s out to call his dad. His dad rushes to the room delighted at his sons excitement and asks his son what’s the matter and the son says “Dad do you see that white object outside. It has a pointed orange thing near it’s head and ….and dad it has huge white things which it can spread. Then it flaps them as it flies around the sky. ”

The father looks out of the window realizing what was there smiles at the innocence of his son and says “Sun that’s just a bird.” The boy’s face turns pale. He takes his eyes away from the window. The next day he again sees the bird outside the window and sees the bird but this time he doesn’t jump in joy. He realizes it’s just a bird.[I]

It happens as a child everything we see and find around us seems like a miracle. But in the context of the knowledge of the present world all is nothing but an object. The joys and miracles of the world are turned into mere objects. This is Education my friend. It all begins this way. Somewhere are quest and zeal to learn are put behind bars by the knowledge that we gain over the year. Education should let our minds be free but sadly it put rules and barriers around us and as we grow we accumulate them and slowly our inner curiosity takes a back seat.

Our world is broken divided and sub divided by boundaries that are laid around us. From birth we are told this is right, this is wrong. This is how it is and this is how it is meant to be. A cat is a cat, is a cat. There are no two ways about it. You can’t get out tomorrow morning and call it a dog. People will laugh at you if you did that, at least that’s for sure. I mean people will say are you crazy. Your mind will yell at you and say “Are you nuts wake up”. You will as usual wake up and lets things be the way they are and accept that a cat is a cat. What are these aren’t these rules, which are governing us. But we let this be because we ourselves believe that this is right.

Are we wrong in believing in what we think is right and what is wrong. Then if this is not right and if this right is wrong then what is right and what is wrong? Does this mean that what we believed was right is wrong and what was wrong is actually right? I am sure I have been able to confuse you with all this right and the wrong and I am right about it. Oops I am also trying to put it in right and wrong mode.

True - False, Right – Wrong, Good – Bad, Real – Unreal, Positive – Negative and a lot more are just boundaries and rules which we construct ourselves because we don’t have the heart and patience to hear and see what is the actual picture. Again these words are limiting me to say what I want to say and are constructing a boundary around me to express myself. May I would have been better able to express myself had I been a painter. But then the canvas, the colours and all the shapes and lines and what, would have limited me not.

Limitations, Boundaries and Rules seems to control and restrict are life. But please do not think that I am writing all this because this is how our present generation has become and that we think this way. No not at all. I myself am a person of rules and principles. I have nothing against them. But all I am trying to question is why do we need these limitations, boundaries and rules. The answer has to come from within.

We accept these because we ourselves want to restrict ourselves from thinking beyond what we see is obvious. I am not sure about all of you. As a child I always wondered where it all started. Science seemingly tried to answer the initial few questions. Which for sometime did seem to convince me, but after much thinking aroused even more complex and difficult questions.

My parents also tried to help me, but their answers too didn’t seem to convince me. This curiosity to understand life and its roots made me ponder and think over each and everything that occurred around me. Be it the ants, which used to work relentlessly all around the clock carrying small grains of sugar or food particles towards their own house. Not giving up at any stage. Or the chirping birds, who built their nests using twigs and sewing them together one by one or the dew drops which gather around a rose bud as it blossoms. My questions still remained unanswered.

My very first question where did I come from? Almost seem to fascinate me. The same question put forth to my parents seemed to embarrass my parents and the answers were quite fictitiously well made and did seem very nice to hear. Like my grandmother used to say a bird carried you in her beak and dropped you in your mother’s arms. Then it was my mothers turn to weave her story. This too seemed very convincing. She said that I came from her stomach and that it was god’s gift to her.

Having seemed to have the answer to this question thou later Science taught me the whole reproduction system and the facets to it; my question changed and assumed gigantic proportions. Where did the universe come in to being and how did it all start? Again Science seems to have the answer to it and they called it ‘The Great Big Bang’. Theoretically speaking that again seemed a very exciting proposition and did for some time laid to sleep the questions within me.

My next question was even more thought worthy and I began to see myself as a noble laureate. Can anything just come out of thin air? I mean if I have a vacuum can in that vacuum life exist and as a matter of fact begin. Again the answer never got me convinced. And my quest to understand the truth reached a whole new level and I began to see everything with a very changed perspective. I became a keen observant of everything that happened around me.

Finally during college years one of my professors finally acknowledged that he had no answer to the mysteries of life and that he too was in the quest of finding answers to most of his questions. Science is said to have defied nature’s law and belief in god seems to be non existent among scientists from the western world. Yet they have no answer to my questions. Ultimately they seemed to acknowledge that there is some force that is driving us. Thou they hate to admit that it just might be god.

But to me even that just didn’t seem to convince. I mean come on where god came from. So the journey of questions, which started as a kid, have come a full circle and I am just about nowhere. What to do next? I still feel restless. Sleep is far away, my destination even further away. But yet I live on and I try and find the answers to my questions. Hoping someday I will succeed in finding the correct answer, which will put my mind to rest. But then when will that happen? Any answers. If you find any please and it’s an honest request please let me know the answer too.

So as I was saying about an infant growing up and gaining knowledge and beginning to create rule and boundaries around him. As we might put it building ones own cage. There are some, sorry let me correct me, then us i.e. when I say us I mean everybody at some point and for various reason and needs change these rules so that we can show the world that we are right and within the rules. But what we are actually trying is to convince ourselves that what we are doing and thinking is right. We are at no point ready to accept that there is always a truth, which is different from our truth. Everybody’s truth is different.

It is difficult to accept that what is right for us is not right for the other person and that person becomes wrong in our eyes and we begin to alienate that person. But a perfect example of the very opposite of this very fact is a mother. A mother always loves her child. For a mother her baby is never ugly, never bad. The baby is always beautiful and always good. A mother treats all her babies alike, unconditionally. I am not sure if you could find a better parallel to this to explain what I am trying to explain. But then I might be wrong. So you see even my thinking that we tend to differentiate between people based on what is right and what is wrong is not actually right. But then many would agree that I am not wrong either.

So on our way to being an adult we our teenagers. We are neither a complete child nor a complete adult. Some call the teenagers the confused lot. That is Simply because we during these years are really not sure what we want. We see a lot of changes in our surroundings and ourselves. During these years we find it difficult to get a grip on ourselves, to be able to understand our wants and desires. It is during these years we get introduced to the idea of love and Friendship. We make and break friendships. We rise and fall in love. But the end of it we evolve sometimes as a better person and sometimes we tend to break.

Every individual deals with it differently some come out of it stronger more assured and know what they want in life and how they are going to get it. Some of us are still in the confused mode trying to figure out where destiny is going to lead us. So we try and figure out our destiny.

During this time we learn a lot about ourselves and slowly begin to understand where we are headed. Everybody goes through these changes and learning curves. Some learn early and quiet easily and some learn it the hard way.

Life goes on; everyday we learn something new gain experience and inch closer towards our goal, our destiny. Hope everyone does reach his or her destiny. I have just started mine and have a lot to learn before I can say I understand the letter word ‘life’ it isn’t simple and it won’t be easy but I have too. I want the answers to the questions that still linger in my mind. What is Life? I hope one day I will be able to understand it.

The Thoughts are still Unbound ....

Thanks
Rohin

ur novel
Old
  (#3)
munnia
munnia is on a distinguished road

ur novel - 25th January 2005, 01:55 AM

Hey Rohin

its pretty philosophical and yes I agree with a lot you say. But somehow I ahve never much had the urge to knwo everything. i ahve been pretty satisfied wiht what i know. guess the thrist is more in you than in me But reading this and hoping to read more may make me wanna know more and ask more as well. thanks for the effort

Munnia

we come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Old
  (#4)
Rohin

25th January 2005, 11:32 AM

Hi Munnia,

thanks.
Thanks for reading it. Well the urge is in everybody sooner or later everybody would wanna know. Well i will keep posting do keep your thoughts coming in.

Thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#5)
shadow
In Search of the unknown!
shadow will become famous soon enough

27th January 2005, 08:39 AM

Gaali dene ka man kar raha hai Rohin, jis rah pe mein chal raha us rah pe ek musaffir shayad pehle baar mila.
Soch bahut zyada milta hai, kabi mera bi kayal idar likoonga till then liked to know some one thinks on same path is alive....

The higher you go, steeper will be the valley and greater will be the fall.

Shade in the shadow world

Old
  (#6)
Rohin

27th January 2005, 12:16 PM

Hi Shadow bhai,

thanks yaar mujhe lagta nahi tha koi ise padhega bhi.

Tumne padha acha laga. Dost rah mein chalte chalte kai log milte hain.
Akhir manzil sabki ek hai. Bus dekhne ka nazariya alag hota hai. Aapke vichar yahan aap likhenge to aur bhi acha lagega.

thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#7)
garima
Paagal Pathik
garima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of light

reply - 9th February 2005, 09:45 AM

Hello Rohin,
mujhe ye thread padhane ke liye diya very very thanks.
Bahoot khushi hui padhkar ki mujhe ek aisa dost is life ne diya jo life ke search me hai.
I m very thankful to God ki mujhe aisa dost mila jo is way par aage aa raha hai.

garima

Anant se bhi aage... itni si khwahish hai :)
  Send a message via Yahoo to garima Send a message via Skype™ to garima 
Old
  (#8)
Rohin

10th February 2005, 12:56 PM

Hi Garima,

Thanks for liking the thread aur jaise ki meine kaha yeh ek diary ki tarah hai.....Tumhe bhi kuch vichar likhne ho to zaroor likhna yahan par...

Thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#9)
Pulkit_gupta
Humanity
Pulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant future

10th February 2005, 01:42 PM

Thoughts r still Unbound..

Rohin

If someone cud bind the thought, thought wud not have been a thought...I liked the message converyed by you in this post.. Really...Always there's a hint of unceratinity... We dont get answers to every questions of life... Well thats life....

Four Letter Word it is ... but u worte a full essay on it... still cud not cover it completely... Well that's life......

Loved ur Words and ur Expressions as Always... Doo keep penning them down for us

Kab sochaa thha milegaa humsafar "Shweta" jaisaa
Lagta hai is baar "Pulkit", kismat teri bhi rang laayii hai
  Send a message via Yahoo to Pulkit_gupta  
Old
  (#10)
Rohin

10th February 2005, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pulkit_gupta
Thoughts r still Unbound..

Rohin

If someone cud bind the thought, thought wud not have been a thought...I liked the message converyed by you in this post.. Really...Always there's a hint of unceratinity... We dont get answers to every questions of life... Well thats life....

Four Letter Word it is ... but u worte a full essay on it... still cud not cover it completely... Well that's life......

Loved ur Words and ur Expressions as Always... Doo keep penning them down for us
Hi Pulkit,

I will my friend keep penning down my thoughts otherwise i will just loose it....
I want to try and keep pace with them...
right now i am way behind them,....

Keep coming buddy

Thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#11)
Parul
Parul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the rough

22nd February 2005, 12:30 AM

Rohin, all I would say is I can't think of anything else... It's great work buddy! keep writing...

Old
  (#12)
Rohin

21st March 2005, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Parul
Rohin, all I would say is I can't think of anything else... It's great work buddy! keep writing...
Thanks Parul,

i am glad u liked it

Rohin

Old
  (#13)
reemzi
simply Reema
reemzi is on a distinguished road

21st March 2005, 04:04 PM

damn nearly missed out on this!! dint i? but i dint as i jus read it. really Rohin wot m i to say now? jus tht keep it up always!!! n as usual always give us ur best!!! thnx for sharin with us! n its true we all look at life differently...but some of us jus like u has a really butiful way of lookin at life as it is seen in ur posts!!! good luk n best wishes always!!!

tc

Reemz

Old
  (#14)
Rohin

21st March 2005, 04:08 PM

Hi Reema,

Thanks for reading my thoughts and I am glad I could get you to think abt it ... hopefully in a beautiful way

Thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#15)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

22nd March 2005, 03:20 AM

hello rohin ji
aap ki thinking bohot aachi hai. many times i have asked myself wht life really is, but unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, i can never answer that question. to me, life is more than one thing, it doesnt have any definition becasue we all experience it through different ways, so maybe its a test or an experience to see how much we can bear. Evryone strives for love in life, ut no one wants to suffer, so is the suffering god's way of testing you?
well, aap bohot accha soch te or likhte hain
keep writing
Take Care
Mukhra

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~

Old
  (#16)
Rohin

22nd March 2005, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mukhra
hello rohin ji
aap ki thinking bohot aachi hai. many times i have asked myself wht life really is, but unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, i can never answer that question. to me, life is more than one thing, it doesnt have any definition becasue we all experience it through different ways, so maybe its a test or an experience to see how much we can bear. Evryone strives for love in life, ut no one wants to suffer, so is the suffering god's way of testing you?
well, aap bohot accha soch te or likhte hain
keep writing
Take Care
Mukhra

Hi Mukhra,

I am glad you liked what you read and shared your thoughts with me. You are very right in the way you percieve life. But there are questions my friend which one needs to ask one self. Life... A four letter word with a long story.

Thanks
Rohin

Old
  (#17)
Rohin

14th September 2005, 09:56 PM

When it rains, let it pain....

kabhi kabhi kyon hota hai... jisko chahte hain ussi ko hum dard dete hain... meine bh kuch aisa kiya hai aaj... koi rasta hai kissi ke paas.............................................. ..............

Old
  (#18)
Parul
Parul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the rough

14th September 2005, 11:32 PM

When it rains, let it pain....

Rohin, Zindagi ko har koi nahi samajh saka hai...

Tumhare sawaalon ka jawaab to mere paas nahi hai, kyun ki jo sawaal tumahre hai woh sawaal mera bhi hai... Kabhi aaisa bhi waqt aata hai jisko hum had se jyaada pyaar karte hai unko hi dard dete hai... kya yeh bhi ho sakta hai hum ne jis ko dard diya hai woh dard sirf pal bhar ka ho aur un ke future ke liye humne kuch behtar socha ho. If you find your answer do let me know!

Keep writing your thoughts... and always be happy!

take care!

Old
  (#19)
shadow
In Search of the unknown!
shadow will become famous soon enough

15th September 2005, 07:08 AM

Interesting bhai
Freud tells What you do not want is what you sub-conciously try to do.....
Nothing to worry nothing to be happy..... If you could hurt then you could definitely make the person happy too !!!!!!!!!

The higher you go, steeper will be the valley and greater will be the fall.

Shade in the shadow world