Go Back   Shayri.com > Personal Messages > Chit-Chat & General Discussion Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#161)
sarkaar
sarkaar is on a distinguished road

31st October 2005, 08:39 AM

Rohin & All,

This is simple but not unique. I said as my openign remark that there will be people left and right supporting this novel of yours. And more than anything it was Right coz I have seen the limited visibility of people in life. They have learnt the words like \"Perception\" , \"No one is right and wrong\" etc but do they really understand.I would like to iterate one of the points that I had put to you in the personal message... \"Your previous novel was more or less the same in terms of context and so it would also have been called .. A journey of Friendship... or whatever you best know the title\".. How is this different from the context of what you have written earlier?

Its upto people to make or break the views and understand what it means .... and means more than the finer points you all can even imagine. You can keep commenting and getting supported that the story had the theme and had moral and was upto the title. I do not support it, and not even a bit. Sorry guys you really do not have to read or agree with me... no one at all... but that will not mean that you are right. As i had put it majority might have the power but they may not be right. Democracy has killed the way people could have mad themselves grow.

But yeah I did not enjoy the debate either for the simple reason that I could not find a singlt most appreciative point which would have made me read some part of the story again...

Khushi ki firaak main eek...
sarkaar

Old
  (#162)
munnia
munnia is on a distinguished road

31st October 2005, 08:45 AM

hey all
its been a while since i last visited this site and boy have some things changed. but then life does change. first my remarks to Rohn about his story. the good thing about readig it late was that i got to read it all in one go. i had been reading the previous parts and given u my comments on them. I like the story. i admire your talent for beign abe to weave words together and create sucha beautiful tapestry. given my lack of talent in this department, my respect for people who write well is even more. it was weird about the two endings and like u i prefer the happy one. life brings enough pain without having to get it in places we try to escape from in the first place. i will not analyze your story. i enjoyed it as i enjoy reading other fictional stories and that is its greatest value-- that it is fiction. what we make of it is our problem. i noticed some people here said u were spreading fanatasies- almost like a u were a KGB sky involved in conspiracies

i have studied mas comunication and psychlogy and i can say i know to some extent what makes the masses tick, what they want, what they look for. when we pick up a story book, each of us go into it with a diferent mindset according to our situations, bakgrounds etc. for some the stories they read is reminiscent of their lives and they are able to relate more, for others less so. but that doesnt in any way reduce the enjoyment of the story.i did my undergraduate degree in eng literature and often had to study famous poets and writers and decipher the meanings of their poems. We were taught o understand and realize what they must have meant given their experiences and the time period. i remember saying then" who cares why they said what they said". bt its important to know the context in which something is written if u wanna get a reading expe.

The relevancy here, you ask?????? well just that all the stories and poems posted here are written by people as outlets for their creativity. ts not possible to get to the deepest meaning of every one of them. we are all here to improve ourselves and write better.

A story is just a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: thanks Rohin for thanking me-- bu i haven really done anything---sorry for the lack of attention recently.
take care

Munnia

we come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Old
  (#163)
munnia
munnia is on a distinguished road

31st October 2005, 09:09 AM

this is just a simple story-- why is it being blown out of propotion?Life sure aint simple anymore.

Sarkar while i appreciate your need to give feedback BUT you dont have to politicize it. thats all we need in life now--more politics.
Its right to give constructive criticism and I know ROhin is always open to any suggestions, But HELLOOOO-- if you think what u said was constructive, you have another think coming. why are u harping on the fine points. yes its important for any writer be it Rohin or anyone here to know what their mistakes were or where they could improve, but methinks there is always a nice way of correcting people. please dont say you are a realist and deal only with the harsh truth. Simple as that may sound, its not.
i understand your need to point out what u liked and didnt like in the story. thats a good thing bu only if done in the right spirit.
wel thats all the lecturebaazi from me.
signing off
Adios
Munnia

we come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Old
  (#164)
sarkaar
sarkaar is on a distinguished road

31st October 2005, 06:04 PM

Munnia,

For sure I have not met you and hence would not comment on what ever you think of me. My way of putting things .... I have already done that and send to Rohin and need not put it in forum as I had already said in my last reply and only wrote in open after the message of Rohin where he had made his detailed view of his story. Secondly, whether you have done your professional course or otherwise does not make your word heavier than anyone else and hence I do not consider you a doc to speak on the matter of psycology.

Lastly, there are more people n this world who have quantum of book knowledge than practical aspect. Lastly, if I wanted to politicise anything I would have put all that I have said in a much more different manner. Please do not get excited and leave me out of the debate. In any case it was between me and Rohin and neither of us need a support for being correct (both of us)

Khushi ki firaak main eek...
sarkaar

Old
  (#165)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

31st October 2005, 06:23 PM

"Your previous novel was more or less the same in terms of context and so it would also have been called .. A journey of Friendship... or whatever you best know the title\".. How is this different from the context of what you have written earlier?

Yes Sarkaar I do appreciate this point of yours... you are correct in your thought about this... and i think they are similar in many respects... but then I think I am sort of not grown out of the previous experience... so there are difference s too but I think it has got more attached to the way i write things... well will try something different next time...

Its upto people to make or break the views and understand what it means .... and means more than the finer points you all can even imagine. You can keep commenting and getting supported that the story had the theme and had moral and was upto the title. I do not support it, and not even a bit.

Yes you are entitled to your view...

But yeah I did not enjoy the debate either for the simple reason that I could not find a singlt most appreciative point which would have made me read some part of the story again...

Well like you said it is your choice.. and i appreciate it... you are more then welcome not to read it again....

Lastly, there are more people n this world who have quantum of book knowledge than practical aspect. Lastly, if I wanted to politicise anything I would have put all that I have said in a much more different manner. Please do not get excited and leave me out of the debate. In any case it was between me and Rohin and neither of us need a support for being correct (both of us)

Yes i would appreciate if everybody could keep Sarkaar out of the debate as he has expressed his point as he should have... I appreciate that... and thanks everybody else for the concern... The real point behind the debate is something else... which everybody missed... and just to make it clear it is not Sarkaar's view that i am against completely as he just expresed his opinion... there is more to it then what it appears here.....

Thanks Everybody... lets just end it here... before it gets more personal... I hope everybody appreciates its just different perspectives...

God Bless you all...
Rohin

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts