Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > General Stories

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Is First Impression the Last Impression??
Old
  (#1)
shalini
Tanha
shalini is on a distinguished road

Question Is First Impression the Last Impression?? - 28th January 2005, 10:56 AM

Dear viewers,

It is a famous saying that, " First Impression is the Last Impression." It is said that when people notice us looking smart, automatically they form an opinion about our background, parental guidance, education, manners and etiquittes, also expect us being better than others just because we appear like what they assume! Par kya really bilkul aisa hi haan, iska matlab to yahi hua ki outward appearance dominate karti hai, kya is baat ka koi weightage nahi ki person kitna innocent hai, kitna devoted hai. Then why jassi has become so famous?? Kalpna Chawla aur missile man abdul kalam Azad vo bhi to charming nahi rahen the/hain. Agar maan liya jaye ki andar ki sundarta mayine rakhti hai to phir sari pvt. companies physical appearance ko academic qualification se upar kyu rakhti hain, humare seniors ke campus placement mein ye baat saaf dikh rahi hai. Sony channel ke popular talent hunt "Indian Idol" mein bhi Farah ji kahti rahti hain ki aap mein X-factor hona chaiye, aap ka presentation jarrori hai.

App sub log jo isse padhen, plz bataiyega ki aap kya sochte hain.

ek- do laffjon mein hi sahi par innocent views dijiyega, taki mujhe bhi pata chal sake kitne percent log hain jo inner beauty ko prathmikta dete hain.

[color=dark brown]Mujhse pehle kitne shayar aaye aur aa kar chale gaye,
Kuch nagme gaa kar chale gaye kuch aahe bhar kar laut gaye,

Wo bhi ek pal ka kissa the mein bhi ek pal ka kissa hoon,
Kal tumse juda ho jaaonga jo aaj tumhara hisa hoon[/color]

Old
  (#2)
garima
Paagal Pathik
garima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of light

reply - 28th January 2005, 12:24 PM

shalini jee,
first impression last impression hai ya nahi nahi bata sakti.
inner beuty ka apna ek alag hi mahtva hota hai usake bina bahar ki beuty ka koi importance nahi lekin aise kam hi sajha jaata hai. ye aaj ki nahibahoot pahale se chali aa rahi parampara hai.
mai khood hi is baat se wakif hoo aur mere ecxerience me ye aata hai. jis person ke paas inner beuty ho usako samaaj me apne pehchaan ko banane ke liye pahale sngharsa karna padta hai baad me samaaj use bhool nahi paata lekin jiska waytitw perfect hota hai usesamaaj pahale to khoog yaad karta hai lekin agar usake paas apni pehchaan ke liye aur kucch na ho to wo jaldi hi ya to bhoola diya jaata hai ya wo ssirf manoranjan ka ek sadhna hota hai.

isliye mere hisaab se perfect personality ho ya na ho ek apna talent hona chahiye jiake par apni pehchaan banayi jaa sake. us pehchaan ke baad kisi beuty ki koi jaroorat nahi hoti.

ye mera ray aur mera experience hai aur log kya sochate hai mai nahi bata sakti hoo.

Anant se bhi aage... itni si khwahish hai :)
  Send a message via Yahoo to garima Send a message via Skype™ to garima 
Old
  (#3)
shadow
In Search of the unknown!
shadow will become famous soon enough

28th January 2005, 02:47 PM

Shalini ji,
I think you missed a finer point here. First impression is the last impression provided it stops at first impression. Personally I have taken quite a bit of interviews and know this fact from experience.

Basically as per human psychology the concept of beauty drives the first contact if not forced/required. You will agree to this. Ok from here if we proceed, we see that the questions framed will be according. Along with that confidence level and projecting themselves the candidet himself/herself is driven by how they see themselves.

After 10 minutes of talking the impression enters next level, by then you are either winning or loosing. After entering this crucial point you get less and less chance to change the interviewers opinion as time pass.

Not to leave out human have tendency to blame other than there own ego for failure. So people blame interviewers at many levels, I have one of the worst records in recruiting people so obviously i get to know this point quite well.

When you talk about Jassi, they are the ideal characters good to imagine, talk and listen. Human mind is an hypocrat, comfort dominates others. Just think when persons are projected to the clients, is the company image not at stake. So I am not saying all should look beautifull, they should have the dress sense, speaking and behaviour skills. If one is absent try balance by other skills.

Instead of thinking about beauty if focus is shifted to gain other necessary skills like speaking, behaviour intricacies of appropriate smile/focus on the questions etc... it would help the candidates them selves and the interviewers.

Well work do matter but first get recruited isnt that the logical way?
What if work is good and behave wrong or indecent with a client, loss will be huge right?

Stop blamming and better one self is the advice for the individuals who questions every other persons credibility.

Well that was a long mail, I agree people get biased. So try change the bias in the interactions.

Small addition - Scientists are recruited by people who require them. Dont sell missile to an clerk, he requires a pen. Jaisa desh waisa besh, Be a Roman in Rome. This is the marketing world of today we want or dont this what is life today..... I used to be you so dont feel bad all have to pass through this....

The higher you go, steeper will be the valley and greater will be the fall.

Shade in the shadow world

Last edited by shadow; 28th January 2005 at 02:51 PM..

Old
  (#4)
shalini
Tanha
shalini is on a distinguished road

30th January 2005, 01:34 PM

Shadow jii,

"Along with that confidence level and projecting themselves the candidet himself/herself is driven by how they see themselves.
After 10 minutes of talking the impression enters next level, by then you are either winning or loosing. After entering this crucial point you get less and less chance to change the interviewers opinion as time pass."

These lines r really wonderful!! thanxxx...

Quote:
Originally posted by shadow
Shalini ji,
I think you missed a finer point here. First impression is the last impression provided it stops at first impression. Personally I have taken quite a bit of interviews and know this fact from experience.

Basically as per human psychology the concept of beauty drives the first contact if not forced/required. You will agree to this. Ok from here if we proceed, we see that the questions framed will be according. Along with that confidence level and projecting themselves the candidet himself/herself is driven by how they see themselves.

After 10 minutes of talking the impression enters next level, by then you are either winning or loosing. After entering this crucial point you get less and less chance to change the interviewers opinion as time pass.

Not to leave out human have tendency to blame other than there own ego for failure. So people blame interviewers at many levels, I have one of the worst records in recruiting people so obviously i get to know this point quite well.

When you talk about Jassi, they are the ideal characters good to imagine, talk and listen. Human mind is an hypocrat, comfort dominates others. Just think when persons are projected to the clients, is the company image not at stake. So I am not saying all should look beautifull, they should have the dress sense, speaking and behaviour skills. If one is absent try balance by other skills.

Instead of thinking about beauty if focus is shifted to gain other necessary skills like speaking, behaviour intricacies of appropriate smile/focus on the questions etc... it would help the candidates them selves and the interviewers.

Well work do matter but first get recruited isnt that the logical way?
What if work is good and behave wrong or indecent with a client, loss will be huge right?

Stop blamming and better one self is the advice for the individuals who questions every other persons credibility.

Well that was a long mail, I agree people get biased. So try change the bias in the interactions.

Small addition - Scientists are recruited by people who require them. Dont sell missile to an clerk, he requires a pen. Jaisa desh waisa besh, Be a Roman in Rome. This is the marketing world of today we want or dont this what is life today..... I used to be you so dont feel bad all have to pass through this....

[color=dark brown]Mujhse pehle kitne shayar aaye aur aa kar chale gaye,
Kuch nagme gaa kar chale gaye kuch aahe bhar kar laut gaye,

Wo bhi ek pal ka kissa the mein bhi ek pal ka kissa hoon,
Kal tumse juda ho jaaonga jo aaj tumhara hisa hoon[/color]