Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > General Stories

a note before posting...:)
Old
  (#1)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!
zaynie is on a distinguished road

a note before posting...:) - 7th December 2005, 10:27 PM

Hi everyone... I've been on this site a million times, but just as a guest. I've finally joined, and decided to post my story here. It is my first attempt to write a story... please read it and review it. I have not completed it yet, but i shall start posting it by chapters.. ...

A note to the wonderful shayers!!!:
You all write wonderful poems.. both hindi and english. I must say i have truly enjoyed reading all of your shers....and they just keep getting better. Keep it up, People!!!...

~Zaynie...

"Meri Duniya Hain...Tujme Kahin
Teri Bin Mein Kia...Kuch Bhi Nahin"

Old
  (#2)
farhana
farhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud of

7th December 2005, 10:28 PM

welcome to shayri.com dear.....will wait to read ur story...take care n njoy.bye

"Roz Kii Taraah Aaj Bhii Taare
Subha Kii Gard MeiN Naa Kho JaayeiN
Aa ! Tere Gham MeiN Jaagtii AankheiN
Kam Se Kam Aik Raat So JaayeiN."

**~*FaRhAnA*~**
  Send a message via Yahoo to farhana  
A Loving Friendship...Chapter One
Old
  (#3)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!
zaynie is on a distinguished road

A Loving Friendship...Chapter One - 7th December 2005, 10:42 PM

Chapter One

Riverdale was a very pleasant place, just on the outskirts of Saskatchewan. It was a picture-perfect town, with the neatly lined fences and the kids playing in the yard. Most of the kids went to the same school because it was closest. The more wealthy families sent their children away for high school and college or university. This was one of biggest problems that Sameer Ansar had to face in his life. He loved his town, and didn’t want to leave for schooling elsewhere. He’d had so many arguments about this topic with his mother that it was hard to count. But his father hadn’t a clue as to what Sameer was thinking. Today at the dinner table, his father was going on and on about what a great lawyer Sameer would be after he graduated from Harvard University. Sameer nudged his mother to say something. Finally she started, "Honey, wouldn’t it be nice if we could have Sameer close to us. I mean, if he went to the local university..."
"That is completely out of the question, Dear. My son will get the best schooling in town. He'll get a placement in our firm, as soon as he has graduated. Besides, every lawyer that goes to Harvard gets the best respect in the workplace. He’ll-,”
"I don’t want to go to Harvard, Dad. I just want to stay here, in Riverdale. I'll just go to-,” Before he could finish, his father put down his fork and looked up,
"Enough. I don't need to ask who put you up to this. You'll start packing your bags, and you're leaving on the date scheduled. I don’t want any further-..."
"I said I'm not going! And nobody put me up to this, either. I can decide what I want to do for myself. " Sameer finally looked at his father in the eye. He wouldn't back down this time. " I don’t want to be a lawyer, either, Dad. I decided to be an architect a long time ago."
Sameer could see how angry his father was. His face was turning red. After staring at him, for what seemed like hours, he said, "Excuse me?"
"I-I've decided to be an architect. I never wanted to be a lawyer! Dad, you have to stop taking control of my life. Let me decide what I want to do, for a change!!" Before Sameer realized, he had gotten up and was out the door. He wasn’t sure where he'd go but he needed some air.
The cool night air felt good in his face, as he sped down the road in his sports car. He knew his father was going to pull Maya into this. His father always had something against her. Just because Maya wasn't from a wealthy family, Sameer thought, it doesn't mean she couldn't be his best friend. Sameer pulled up in front of Maya’s house, and turned off the engine. He knew that she would help him feel better. He dialed her number on his cell phone, and waited for her to pick up the phone. "Come on, pick up the phone. I know you're there, Maya..."
" Hello?" Maya hated it when someone interrupted her favorite show, but her voice softened as she heard Sameer say, "Hey, Whacha doin'?"
"Nothing, I was just-..." He knew it wouldn’t work to hide anything from her, "I had an argument with my father. Can I come up? Maybe we could go for a ride; grab a pizza."
"Yeah, OK. When should I-..." The doorbell rang, "Hold on just a second, I'll be right back." She got up and went to answer the door.
"Hey... You ready?" Sameer grinned, stepping in. Maya smiled back, but she caught a glimpse of the hurt in his eyes. "What?"
"Well, it just looks like you could use a hug, that's all." She gave him a quick hug. She was sure that it would make him feel better, but something told her that this time his argument with his father had been a little more serious than usual. "Do you want to talk about it? ... Or are you here to make yourself forget about it?"
"Yeah, I'd like to just forget about it, but it's not that simple this time." They sat down together on the sofa, and Sameer told her all about it. Maya listened quietly, wondering. Maya never had a father to fight with, so she could never relate to such an experience, but still she knew it was hard for Sameer to fight with someone who meant a lot to him. "Maybe you should give it a shot. "
"Come on, Maya. Be realistic, will you? I don’t want to leave Riverdale. You know how much I like it here. Besides, if I do study away from home, whose going to help me with my assignments, and essays?"
"That's the stupidest excuse you could use, Sameer. Ever heard of e-mail? You know, it's when send me your essay -..."
"Shut up, dimwit!" He pulled a curl across her face to make a moustache. "I know what e-mail is, but you know it's not the same. Anyway, we'll talk about this later. Right now, I could eat a horse. I walked out while we were having dinner. You want go out or get delivery?"
"Let's just get delivery. My mom's going to be home in an hour, so I want to be here when she comes." She called to local pizzeria, and gave their regular order. Maya quickly pulled out Monopoly, and gave a laugh when she saw Sameer's face. "Oh, come on. You're bound to win one of these days!"

~Well, that was chapter one. Hope you liked it. I shall hopefully post the next chapter tomorrow. Thanks for reading!!!!

"Meri Duniya Hain...Tujme Kahin
Teri Bin Mein Kia...Kuch Bhi Nahin"