View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

6th November 2005, 11:43 PM

Chapter 3
just giving u a lil break with this chappie before the dhamakas!

After school ended, Neha went to her friend’s locker.

“Hey Wirda. Wanna go somewhere today?” she asked her best friend. Wirda was a tall sophomore, a year younger than her, but they were the best of friends. They were inseparable. Wirda shut her locker door, and turned to face her.

“Umm…sorry Neha. I can’t. I have an appointment with the doctor’s today. Mom’s waiting outside for me,” Wirda looked sorry.

“Damn it! Fine. I’ll talk to you later then. Bye,” Neha gave Wirda a quick hug and walked down to her car in the junior’s parking lot. She got in and drove to the park, searching her purse for cigarettes in the process. Neha only found one.

“I need to get a few more packs,” she muttered to herself. Then, she rummaged through her purse, looking for her lighter. She couldn’t find it. Frustrated, Neha kicked a nearby tree.

“HEY!!!! WATCH OUT!!” a voice yelled from behind her. Neha turned around in surprise, just in time to see a young boy on a bicycle hurling towards out. Not having time to move away, the boy collided with Neha, both toppling on top of each other. Neha’s cigarette sailed from her hands. Angrily, Neha pushed the boy off her and stood up, brushing her capris and tank top as she did.

“What the hell? Can’t you watch where you’re going?” she pushed the boy. The boy once again toppled to the ground.

“Hey miss. Watch it. I was yelling at you to move away. I was riding down a hill…so hello…I didn’t have much control over my bike. It’s not my fault your deaf,” the boy retorted. Neha looked at him. The boy was actually a teenager, around her age. He was tall, with gray eyes, and short black hair. Very good looking.

“Umm…excuse me…I was standing here, trying to smoke. I don’t think its my fault,” Neha said. The boy looked familiar.

“Yea ok. By the way, smoking isn’t good for you,” the boy said.

“And who are you to tell me what’s good for me and what isn’t?”

“Me? I’m Eric, a senior at your school.” Neha nodded.

“Yes well…you need to buy me a cigarette, since you ruined my last one,” Neha demanded.

“Yea…ok…in your dreams. I don’t smoke, and I don’t let others smoke either,” Eric said. Neha rolled her eyes. She was about to turn around when Eric caught onto her wrist.

“Hey…uhh…can you drop me home? You sorta ruined my bike, and my car’s at my house,” Eric asked. Neha sighed and nodded. She got into her car, and unlocked the passenger’s door for Eric.

“Get in,” she said. Eric obeyed.

“Where do you live?” Neha asked Eric.

“Pandora Hills,” was the reply.

“Hey…I live their too. How come we never met before?” Neha wondered out loud.

“Oh…I know you…who doesn’t know you. It’s just that…you don’t know me,” Eric said sheepishly. Neha drove down the street carefully.

“Wait…stop here,” Eric said. Neha stopped at Pizza Hut.

“Why?”

“Wanna come inside and have a pizza. I’m really hungry. Plus, it’ll be my treat,” Eric said. Neha considered the offer. She politely said yes to the offer, but on the inside, she was dying for a cigarette. Neha and Eric went inside the pizza place. They chose a table in the far back, and ordered a larger vegetable pizza.

“So…why do you smoke?” Eric asked. Neha looked at him incredulously.

“Are you kidding me? I have just met you and you expect me to tell you everything?” Neha said angrily. Eric doggedly nodded. Neha rolled her eyes.

“I smoke because its my habit ok? I can’t live without it now,” Neha said.

“Smoking is what is gonna kill you. Why do people smoke anyways? The smell is just enough to make me puke,” Eric made a face.

“My dear, start smoking and you will find out how good it tastes,” Neha said. Eric made the loser sign at her. Neha’s eyes flashed angrily, and she got up from the table.

“Look mister! Do you want me to drop you home or not?” Neha asked.

“What do you think? Obviously yes,” Eric looked smug.

“Then shut up!” Neha’s teeth were clenched. Eric simple looked at her, with no expression on his face. When the pizza came, the two teenagers busied themselves to eating it. As soon as she was finished, Neha abruptly got up and went out to her car. Eric scrambled after her, with a huge piece of pizza in his hands.

“Way to leave me,” Eric said sarcastically. Neha accelerated the car and sped to Pandora Hills. Eric gave her directions to his house, which turned out to be quite far from Neha’s house. Neha stopped the car at Eric’s house and waited for him to get out. While she was waiting, she looked at the house. It was built similar to hers, a four storey mansion with all accessories such as a swimming pool, and a gym.

“Thanks. Drop in sometimes?” Eric asked. Neha nodded and quickly sped off to her house. When she got there, she quickly went to Ronit’s room and peeked inside. Ronit was sleeping soundly. Neha’s face burst into a smile and she silently went back to the living room. There, she saw her father.

“You’re home early today. What’s the occasion?” Neha was surprised.

“And you are late. We have important guests coming in today. I want you to got get ready for them and be on your best behavior,” Mr. Richards warned.

“Fine. On one condition. I’m not going to sit through your stupid meetings,” Neha said. She stalked off to her room and rummaged through her closet, looking for a dress. Neha took out a long, sleeveless black dress. The dress came down to her feet, and showed a decent amount of leg because of the slit that went up the left side of the dress. Neha put the dress on. She stood in front of her mirror, and applied a little makeup on her face so that it would hide the bags under her eyes. Finally, she put her shoes on and went downstairs to the living room to wait for the guests.

“Aargh! This is going to be a boring evening,” Neha mumbled. She went and lay down on the love seat, waiting for the “important” guests. When the doorbell rang, she got up slowly and made sure her hair was okay before she launched into her nice hostess mode. Neha opened the French door and welcomed the guests. They were a middle-aged couple, with a son to whom Neha didn’t even look at. She quickly shut the French doors after the guests had entered.

“Hey beautiful.” Neha froze. The voice seemed strangely familiar.

To Be Continued....

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~